• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

its due to the media attention, And I say that is somebody who was a die hard cowboys fan until the panthers came around.

Non-NFC East fans are tired of being subject to the division as the end all be all year in and year out. Yeah they got 3 teams in the playoffs this year but whatever. It’s like with Biff and TheReff always bragging on how great the SEC is, except the SEC actually gets results.

Have you considered that it has absolutely nothing to do with the team and is instead about how goddamn annoying the fans are?
Yes. Please see my earlier comments.
But it is STILL WEIRD that given all THAT, the Cowboys would remain persona non grata #1

Non-NFC East fans are tired of being subject to the division as the end all be all year in and year out. Yeah they got 3 teams in the playoffs this year but whatever. It’s like with Biff and TheReff always bragging on how great the SEC is, except the SEC actually gets results.
i don't understand or care about this college football reference

As a Cowboys fan, this is just more of the same for me. I never got too high or low during the game but always knew in the back of my mind we would find a way to lose this game. Its like the 7th straight time we can't get out of the divisional round. I am really not sure what we can do to get much better as Dak is who he is and is locked in another 2 years. I remain unconvinced he can win us a Super Bowl or any meaningful game. He is terrific vs shitty teams but not vs good to great teams. OL needs a little work and receivers are decent to good. Defense really came into its own this year and is strength of team.

McCarthey struggles with clock management but knows what he is doing most of time. He is probably the best we can get as if I am Sean Payton there is no way I come to Dallas if Jerry is gonna remain GM and get in the way. I am disappointed but not brutally as I was doubtful we could win in the 1st place.

I'm sure its all over the internet, but I could watch the clip of Zeke getting absolutely steamrolled on that last play on repeat all day long. That is the funniest thing I have seen in sports in years.

I had minimal pain about the Giants getting their ass kicked Saturday because they are about 3 years ahead of schedule and I had no expectation they would make it that far. But the glee from watching the complete ineptitude of Dak, Zeke, Moore, and the entire Dallas franchise on that final play will last for a while. How bout em? How bout em?

I think I’m in the minority but I don’t think the Cowboys’ last place is some sort of all-time embarrassment. You almost never, ever score in that situation so trying some weird high-variability formation makes sense to me.

Didn’t watch the game and can’t speak to the rest of the late-game offensive performance that is getting ragged on today, but that specific play is don’t hate.

And as 2&2 said, pretty funny to see Zeke get smoked.

Yeah it’s funny to watch him get steamrolled at the same time at least they tried something different.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say the funny part is that there’s all the anticipation for a Hail Mary or hook and ladder and then it gets blown up in 0.5 seconds

I just hope somebody "steals" Kellen Moore this off-season
Kellen is not terrible by any stretch but Dak struggles to implement what they want to do because he is just average. Plus that defense covered up a lot of warts by offense.

I was curious if Dak really does always throw his interceptions targeting Gallup, but no he is an equal opportunity suck and throws interceptions targeting everyone all over the field.

I think I’m in the minority but I don’t think the Cowboys’ last place is some sort of all-time embarrassment. You almost never, ever score in that situation so trying some weird high-variability formation makes sense to me.

Didn’t watch the game and can’t speak to the rest of the late-game offensive performance that is getting ragged on today, but that specific play is don’t hate.

Part of the humor in that idiotic formation was that the only reason they needed it was their moron of a TE blew two plays in a row. First he didn't make an effort to stop the clock on a catch near the sideline, then he inexplicably failed to get his second foot down inbounds to complete a pretty routine catch. So instead of being in reasonable Hail Mary distance they were still backed all the way up and had to resort to that stupid play.

I actually agree on trying something different

The idiotic thing was having 4 OL on the field and Elliott at C

If you conceivably want to set up for some wild hook and ladder, bunch of laterals, off of some weird tunnel screen, great.

But SF had all their interior D linemen off the field. So splitting your o linemen to the sidelines kind of doesn’t make sense, especially if you are going to depend on laterals at some point

Kellen Moore did what he always does and out-thought the room. He thinks he is the smartest person to ever conceive of football plays and does complex shit just for the sake of it being complex shit.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Zeke getting blown up was awesome, but the Patriots lateral disaster, and Mac Jones half ass tackle attempt was even funnier in my opinion.

Part of the humor in that idiotic formation was that the only reason they needed it was their moron of a TE blew two plays in a row. First he didn't make an effort to stop the clock on a catch near the sideline, then he inexplicably failed to get his second foot down inbounds to complete a pretty routine catch. So instead of being in reasonable Hail Mary distance they were still backed all the way up and had to resort to that stupid play.

Yeah Schultz getting to duck the massive blame he should be getting for fucking up two plays in a row there at the end because everyone seems to be concentrating on the final play (which wasn’t going to be a TD no matter how they lined up)

Back