• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

When Tony Romo hooks up with Jessica Simpson it’s a ‘distraction’ but everybody looooves Taylor

Taylor Swift just sold out like 300 nights of arenas/stadiums. Not convinced she needs to act like someone's gf while attending NFL games each week to get people to her movie.
yeah, and maybe if it was like Tom Brady ten years ago then I'd maybe go along with it, but Travis Kelce is a tier 2 NFL player, star-wise

yeah, and maybe if it was like Tom Brady ten years ago then I'd maybe go along with it, but Travis Kelce is a tier 2 NFL player, star-wise
Who is he behind except Mahomes and Rodgers? SNL, ton of commercials, 2 Super Bowl rings, best at his position.

There aren't many mainstream stars in the NFL like Peyton Manning and Brady were 10-15 years ago. If you go team by team, the most popular player is probably someone NFL and college football fans know, but not the mainstream public. The NFL is in a transition period with respect to star power.

Last edited:
you know who doesn't seem to do a lot of ads? Burrow.

Subway has got fucking greasy haired Pickett advertising their subs.

you know who doesn't seem to do a lot of ads? Burrow.

Subway has got fucking greasy haired Pickett advertising their subs.
Burrow can't move fast enough to do an ad right now. Cincy screwed him and themselves by letting him play those 1st 2 weeks. That's a preseason title contender that is about to be done.

I think the NFL is definitely benefitting from it and milking it as much as possible. I don't think it helps Taylor at all, mostly because she really doesn't need any help.
If you don't think Tay Tay is loving every minute of the attention dollars she is getting by going to Chiefs games, I don't know what to tell you. Realize that Taylor Swift could pick her nose and draw a crowd, but the NFL is an audience that she never really tapped into, and she is clearly loving it. She could date Kelce and never go to a Chiefs game, but she chooses to go the games, draw eye-balls and soak in the buzz. Everything she does is calculated.

And if you don't think the NFL is loving every minute of the attention dollars they are getting by Swift going to Chiefs games, I don't know what to tell you. Realize that the NFL could pick their collective noses and draw a crowd, but the Swift fans are an audience that they've never really tapped into, and they are clearly loving it. Everything the NFL does is calculated.

And if you don't think the NFL is loving every minute of the attention dollars they are getting by Swift going to Chiefs games, I don't know what to tell you. Realize that the NFL could pick their collective noses and draw a crowd, but the Swift fans are an audience that they've never really tapped into, and they are clearly loving it. Everything the NFL does is calculated.
Yes, I said that the NFL is benefitting from it and milking it. Keep up. And Pilch, her loving the attention is not the same thing as her benefitting from it. I have no idea whether she craves the attention she is getting (she gets plenty without this), but she seems like a good person so I give her the benefit of the doubt.

Just because a person has tons of money and fame doesn’t mean they can’t get more money and fame. She’s tapped into new revenues of money and new avenues of fame as result of this development. As has Kelce even more so.

I don’t think the NFL had anything to do with this, but they’re just enjoying the unplanned gold mine.

Back