• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Deaconblue

Reaction score
The Superbowl is done. Even though the official NFL Year doesn't begin for a few weeks, all the speculation about the 2023 season is in full swing.

What does Aaron Rodgers do?
Who signs Derek Carr?
What happens with all the Eagles free agents?
Lots of other free agents to be.

A place here for all the rumors and speculation

Last edited:
Snyder is blocking Jeff Bezos from bidding on the Commanders because of his Washington Post’s reporting on sexual harassment and other misdeeds in the Commanders organization.

The NFL should move from a ownership model to a renter or investor model so they’re not so tied to shitty owners. The value of a team is far more tied to the value of the league than the value of the local market or roster. The NFL should just buy the Commanders back and set up short term contracts with investors who want to manage the franchise.

If Danny boy decides he doesn't like the offers, some of his current other NFL team owners "partners" may need to "explain" the situation to him. Congress could remove the antitrust exemption the NFL currently has.

As is, he can choose who he wants to sell to. He doesn’t want Bezos opening up his books.

Nice to know there are worse human beings than Bezos.

Redskins Admin areas appear to have been something like Animal House Toga Party, at least some of the time.

NFL may need to give Danny boy the Richardson treatment if he decides not to sell this spring.

Redskins Admin areas appear to have been something like Animal House Toga Party, at least some of the time.

NFL may need to give Danny boy the Richardson treatment if he decides not to sell this spring.
I get Danny not wanting to sell the team to the owner of the Washington Post and thus giving the Post unlimited access to the books and emails. I'm guessing the email history is not limited to interesting emails from Jon Gruden.

Looks like Washington has parted ways with Carson Wentz. Man that was a rapid decline from MVP frontrunner to probably out of the league. If not out, reduced to a backup QB afterthought.

He had one good season and got overhyped.

That’s true, also hard to come back from the back injury he had

Combine Week!
Who are the big winners and losers in the "underwear olympics?"

Quarterbacks: can AR15 hit a receiver and impress scouts? What QB who wasn't on national TV is a surprise?

Combine week. one of the most gross things done in all of sports.
and i will be paying an absurd amount of attention to it becasue i am a hypocrite when it comes to sports.

Need something for sports pundits to opine about this week.
College basketball conference tournament time starts next week.
NBA is in last quarter if regular season just setting playoff seedings and resting guys for playoffs.
Baseball spring training is just starting.

Only NHL trade deadline this week to stir a lit of interest.

So NFL scouting combine to fill the doldrums.

So on the one star to five star recruit scale, where does this news fit?

I just think it's funny that Rapoport thought anyone would care about that news (or know any of the three companies mentioned in his tweet) let alone would read that longass press release.

I just think it's funny that Rapoport thought anyone would care about that news (or know any of the three companies mentioned in his tweet) let alone would read that longass press release.
General Catalyst is a premier venture/growth equity firm. They have invested in some sports-adjacent software businesses like Teamworks here in Durham but this is atypical of their traditional model.

General Catalyst is a premier venture/growth equity firm. They have invested in some sports-adjacent software businesses like Teamworks here in Durham but this is atypical of their traditional model.

frank-sinatra.gif

An arrest warrant has been issued for Jalen Carter in connection to the what was believed to be a single-car accident that claimed the life of a UGA football player and staff member. Carter was a projected 1st overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.

247 Story with details

Back