• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Daniel Jones update for our favorite random pitch from the 90s

My guess is a 2 or 3 year deal somewhere in the $25M/year range. That would put him right about 15th in the league. Honestly I think they could get him for like $15-20M because I don't think anyone else would give him more than that, but they'll juice him a little to keep up their perceived confidence in him.

You could have maybe gotten him for 3 years/$20 million per prior to this year...no chance after this year. I'd be surprised if he gets less than $28/$30 million per year after the season he just had (and seeing what other QB's are currently being trotted out there).

Yeah, and that wouldn't be atrocious given what other guys have gotten. If it goes up up in the $35-40 range is when it gets to be excessive.

The gap is apparently even wider with Jones who, according to an NFL source, is seeking a deal worth more than $40 million per season. The Giants, according to a team source, prefer to keep his contract closer to $35 million per year.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Jalen Carter in connection to the what was believed to be a single-car accident that claimed the life of a UGA football player and staff member. Carter was a projected 1st overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.

247 Story with details
changes the entire outlook on the draft. Bears hurt badly by this.

Bills DC goes on vaca. Poyer and Edmunds probably going elsewhere in free agency. Bills D will look very different next year.

I keep an extra large container of Himalayan Sea Salt close by when digesting comments made by Bears' management about Justin Fields and the #1 draft pick. This is "lying season."

I keep an extra large container of Himalayan Sea Salt close by when digesting comments made by Bears' management about Justin Fields and the #1 draft pick. This is "lying season."
i just don't see what they gain from trading Fields. Hard to see any of the 4 top QBs as a better prospect than Fields, even with his flaws. His upside is huge.

This week should be known as "Dear God don't let my team waste a top pick on Levis or AR15 week."

Is the bar so low for AR15 that as long as he doesn’t skip all his passes the bullshit analysts will have him sky rocketing up the boards.

Dang. OLB/Edge Nolan Smith ran a 4.44 today.

Correction: official time is 4.39.

Last edited:
The PFN mock draft has the Texans trading up to take Richardson #1.

3) Carolina Panthers (via ARI): C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State​

Trade: Panthers receive pick No. 3, Cardinals receive picks No. 9, No. 39, No. 61, and a 2024 first-rounder, 2024 second-rounder, 2024 third-rounder

On Tuesday, Cardinals general manager Monti Ossenfort said Arizona would be willing to trade the No. 3 overall pick. They’d get an absolute haul if the Panthers wanted to trade up for a perfect fit at QB like C.J. Stroud. It’s a hefty price over the next two draft cycles for Carolina, but Stroud could be the final piece for a team nearing playoff readiness.
That trade is A LOT. Stroud and the #91 pick would be the only Panthers picks in the first three rounds of the 2023 and 2024 drafts.

Yeah that trade is insane. But didn’t the Eagles give up a ton for Wentz? That trade worked out ok for them.

It actually did.

It wasn't as nearly much as that PFN trade.

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

I'd be fine trading #9, #93, #114, a 2023 1st, a 2023 4th, and 2024 2nd. That would be similar to the Wentz trade.

These guys are absolutely out of their minds on their trade values.
Does anyone think the Texans are giving up 3 #1's and a top #2 to move up ONE spot ? That's absurd.

Trade: Texans receive pick No. 1, Bears receive picks No. 2, No. 12, No. 33, and the Browns’ 2024 first-rounder

That Panthers trade is more like what you'd have to give up to move to #1...and even then it's a little steep

These guys are absolutely out of their minds on their trade values.
Does anyone think the Texans are giving up 3 #1's and a top #2 to move up ONE spot ? That's absurd.

Trade: Texans receive pick No. 1, Bears receive picks No. 2, No. 12, No. 33, and the Browns’ 2024 first-rounder

That Panthers trade is more like what you'd have to give up to move to #1...and even then it's a little steep
If they offer that much they should get a proven NFL franchise quarterback like Justin Fields in return.

I really like Horn, but we passed on this guy because his arms are too short and we like watching our QB get clobbered.

Back