• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

I hate these 49ers uniforms. No connective tissue throughout. They make the gold helmet look out of place. They make me sad
Usually agree with you, but not here. I love the Steve Young era 49ers unis with the white pants with the red and black stripes and the black highlighted numbers. The Montana era jerseys are a bit duller, and the pants are more tan than gold - unlike the Garcia era pants, which I liked better.

The results of that game astonished me. I thought we were going to lose by double digits. But that game made me think all the more that the guy who deserves MVP over all these QBs is Trent Williams. I don't think there is a better player at their position in the game. They lost the 3 games he missed earlier in the year, and Purdy looked bad in those games. And that was a close game at half that turned into a bit of a blowout late after he was out. After the 49ers came within 2 scores late, I was a little scared of yet another late LJ8/Mike McDonald 4th quarter collapse, but praise Allah for Sam Darnold and a back-up left side of the OL.

Russell Wilson may have taken his last snap as a Bronco. He's benched for the rest of the season, and by doing so, Denver can save $37 million in guaranteed money:

75e98ff5-bb59-449c-8764-9934e590aa39_text.gif

It is cold but its a business. And he played very poorly early in the season. If he won one or two more games and they were looking at the playoffs, he would have earned his 37mil

It is cold but its a business. And he played very poorly early in the season. If he won one or two more games and they were looking at the playoffs, he would have earned his 37mil
I think he and Ciara will be just fine. And I don't think it's cold. He came in there last season, didn't adequately learn the offense (was allegedly using Seahawk audibles) and pissed off the rest of the team. I see it more as he stole a ton of $$ from the Broncos and is getting what he deserves. The problem for Denver is they've done too well to get Williams, Daniels or Maye in the draft, and Sanders is probably staying at Colorado for the NIL $$. They'll be picking in the 12-14 range, so the best they can hope for is Nix or Penix. Or maybe trade for Fields.

Thats fair. I can see it both ways. I think either Bo or Penix would be fun to watch in that offense. Are there any other glaring holes that must be addressed before qb? Im obviously not well versed in the bronco depth chart

Thats fair. I can see it both ways. I think either Bo or Penix would be fun to watch in that offense. Are there any other glaring holes that must be addressed before qb? Im obviously not well versed in the bronco depth chart
Offensively, not really. They have an improved OL, Williams at RB and Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick and Mims at WR. Wilson will be $85mil in dead $$ and a cap savings of -$50mil, so a QB on a rookie contract will be ideal. But yeah, given where they're picking, the best they're gonna do is Nix or Penix. But on a positive note, both guys are older and have been in college at least 5 years, so they'll be mature rookies.

So, C'ville has now definitively broken down the NFL 2024 draft order for QBs (interesting how it tracks with PFF); all NFL front offices can now stand down.

So, C'ville has now definitively broken down the NFL 2024 draft order for QBs (interesting how it tracks with PFF); all NFL front offices can now stand down.
Please, lower case c.

And yes, I'm a junkie. Saw a podcast last week, I forget which draftniks, but both guys had Daniels over Maye now. Makes sense given Maye had some weak games and Daniels really came on as the season wore on. That said, I think you might be a bigger sports junkie than me, Mr. Preview of every game (really good previews I might add). And you hate Joe Flacco and JMU. So there!

Almost all of sports commentary is wrong and a waste of time, he consumes that content, regurgitates it and feeds it to the boards like we are just a bunch of baby birds desperate for some sweet sweet shitty commentary. Mmmm yes feed us those awful takes they taste so good.

Almost all of sports commentary is wrong and a waste of time, he consumes that content, regurgitates it and feeds it to the boards like we are just a bunch of baby birds desperate for some sweet sweet shitty commentary. Mmmm yes feed us those awful takes they taste so good.
He’s basically ChatPFF

So Flacco now has to be comeback POY, and Stefanski has to be COY. 27 points and 250 yards against a top D in the 1st half. The divisional round is looking like it'll be some combination of Bal, Mia, Cle and Buf.

Back