• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

but why?

if you’re on the end of the line or in the backfield then you should be an eligible receiver, who cares what number

defense should be responsible for monitoring that

NFL rules specify otherwise.

Also helps refs keeping track of whether ineligible linemen are downfield on pass plays. NFL only allows linemen one yard.

So offensive linemen have numbers in 50's, 60's and 70's. Ends are typically 80's.

Rule is also to prevent shenanigans like a really far split out end stepping back and leaving the tackle now on the end eligible. The DE engages as if the O-tackle was an ineligle lineman and gets flagged for defensive holding on a now eligible "receiver."

I think the first call was great. The second one after the penalty was crazy. Should have kicked there. Coin flip on third to me
The thing is, the Lions didn’t really have anything to lose. Going into the game, they were at worst the #3 seed in the NFC, with a very small likelihood of being higher than that. For all intents and purposes they were locked into their seeding already, so may as well stay true to yourself and go for broke.

This referee should be fired. He changed the entire landscape of the playoffs with his mistake. Same guy blew a roughing the passer call in Bears-Browns game a couple weeks ago that cost points.

Accountability for referees needs to step up in the NFL…all sports honestly

This referee should be fired. He changed the entire landscape of the playoffs with his mistake. Same guy blew a roughing the passer call in Bears-Browns game a couple weeks ago that cost points.

Accountability for referees needs to step up in the NFL…all sports honestly
This. You can see from the replay 68 was talking to the ref, and 70 wasn't. 68 reported. Then I saw this is the same crew that blew the obvious PI call in the GB/KC game. This crew shouldn't be getting any playoff games.

As for going for 2, I don't mind the initial decision, especially on the road, though I prefer taking it to OT. But after they assess you a 5 yard penalty, kick the PAT and take it to OT.

Also same crew that blew Justin Fields roughing the passer at end of first half vs Browns. Cost bears a FG chance there.

Missing a playoff assignment isn’t enough IMO. Theses guys are EPL level bad

What a mess the Lions thing is. Weird that there were 3 OL around the official when 68 reported. Per his limited statement after the game, 68 said he said "report". If that's all he said, probably would have been better to make sure the official knew exactly what number was reporting as eligible. And then the official should have made sure he knew exactly who and what number it was that said it. Then the official tells the Cowboys that 70 is eligible, so they had no reason to guard 68 as a receiver. Then you have Campbell saying he explained in detail that play to the official before the game. I'd be curious if he told him it would be 68 or just said something like "a tackle will report and be eligible on the play." At this point it seems pretty clear that there were 3 Lions at the official (including 68 and 70) - 68 "reported" as eligible - and the official thought it was 70 that reported.

What a mess the Lions thing is. Weird that there were 3 OL around the official when 68 reported. Per his limited statement after the game, 68 said he said "report". If that's all he said, probably would have been better to make sure the official knew exactly what number was reporting as eligible. And then the official should have made sure he knew exactly who and what number it was that said it. Then the official tells the Cowboys that 70 is eligible, so they had no reason to guard 68 as a receiver. Then you have Campbell saying he explained in detail that play to the official before the game. I'd be curious if he told him it would be 68 or just said something like "a tackle will report and be eligible on the play." At this point it seems pretty clear that there were 3 Lions at the official (including 68 and 70) - 68 "reported" as eligible - and the official thought it was 70 that reported.
By the time 70 got there the official had gone away. The officials screwed this one up massively….no way around it

By the time 70 got there the official had gone away. The officials screwed this one up massively….no way around it
Cowboys needed some help to get the win. They got it. Officiating like the first win of the USSR Olympic basketball team over the US.

Cowboys needed some help to get the win. They got it. Officiating like the first win of the USSR Olympic basketball team over the US.
Yes this explains why they officials threw for offside on Parsons on the 2nd 2 point attempt when the Cowboys picked it off

The cowboys should have lost but also had the possibility of getting a field goal at the end to win. the refs fucked up.

NFL guy, always have been growing up in a City with no college sports. Watching NFL for 60 years, 45 as a season ticket holder. I have never seen a season like this. The injuries, the resulting mediocrity (though still entertaining) and the refs who have been almost to the game, atrocious.
I remember when instant replay was introduced and the hope that we were finally going to get it right. What a joke. Almost makes me wish it was never introduced in any form. Just factor in the human error which still is prevalent all these years later. F it.

Last edited:
Back