• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Benn with one of the dumbest playoff hockey penalties I can remember

Cost them game and series 1:30 into the game

Yeah, the Stars' capitulation is at least making me feel better that somebody is going out worse than the Canes. Totally blew it with that penalty and the attempt to just see out the game in Game 2

Yeah, the Stars' capitulation is at least making me feel better that somebody is going out worse than the Canes. Totally blew it with that penalty and the attempt to just see out the game in Game 2
Oh don’t get me started on Game 2. Nothing like an awful turnover with minute in half left in game to let Vegas tie

Game 2 I turned off when Vegas tied it. It was over at that point. The Stars (and Oettinger) can't win in OT. Game 3 was about as terrible as it could be. Undisciplined, shit goaltending, shit everything. I know they aren't going to do it and will point to the regular season, but the team needs a housecleaning.

Game 2 I turned off when Vegas tied it. It was over at that point. The Stars (and Oettinger) can't win in OT. Game 3 was about as terrible as it could be. Undisciplined, shit goaltending, shit everything. I know they aren't going to do it and will point to the regular season, but the team needs a housecleaning.
I think they have a great young core. Benn and Seguin deadweight at this point given the salary they demand

I think they have a great young core. Benn and Seguin deadweight at this point given the salary they demand

My thoughts exactly. Johnston may be a future star. Robertson will continue to get better, though he'll never beat you in a race. Oettinger I felt a lot better about before the Seattle series. He's been yanked in 3 games since then. Unacceptable. 0-5 in overtime playoff games. I hope his psyche isn't permanently in the toilet. I don't think they will, but it may be worth entertaining trade offers. If he has another postseason like this one next year, for sure entertain them and probably go ahead and deal him.

Seguin's injury isn't his fault, but he isn't a threat anymore. His contract likely makes him stay a Star. Benn had a great regular season so maybe he can bring value in a trade. In the playoffs, he has been horrible and a continuation of the last season and not this one.

Plus Benn is the captain and this team, for better or worse, has looked like it has been lacking effort for extended periods of time this season. That shit doesn't fly in the playoffs.

After completely dominating the Devils I wouldn’t have called getting swept by the Panthers. Can’t just be puck luck, they figured us out

Back