• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Spencer Carbery announced as new Caps coach

He most recently served as a Maple Leaf Assistant (and oversaw their very solid PP), but previously headed the Hersey Bears and South Carolina Stingrays (both Washington affiliates). So he's young, not a re-tread (see Laviolette to Rangers), but also knows the pipeline. Thumbs up from me.

They didn't lose back to back games until the END OF JANUARY, they lost 3 in a row, but the middle was an OTL, so they didn't go 0/0 pts in back to back games until March 12/14th....and that's it. Period.

There's <1% chance the Bruins don't win the East. I honestly think the team with the best chance to beat them is FLA. They went 2-0-0 against them at home (0-2-0 on the road), so if they can keep that kinda play up then win 1 game @BOS they could take them out....which paves the way for a 284661894th year in a row that TBL wins the conference.

After FLA I think we have the best chance....we went 1-1-1 against them overall, so won 1 and at least got to OT in another, and in the playoffs anything can happen in OT.

Want to make a friendly wager?

If the Bruins win the East, you can pick any [appropriate] Boston Bruins-related image for my avatar until September 1st.

If the Bruins don't win the East, I pick the same for you for the same timespan.

You have a 99%+ chance of winning the bet !

I didn't want to bother you while the Canes were still advancing, but now it's time to pay the piper. I'm not going to stick your nose in it with something completely egregious, and I'll actually give you a choice:

1) The adorable bromance that is Jeremy Swayman and Linus Ullmark.

gettyimages-1249044634.jpg

or

2) The moment the soul left Patrice Bergeron's body, featuring everyone's favorite face-licking rat.

0501-NWS-BHR-L-bruinsnl036.jpg

Thanks for playing, and ultimately: I'm sorry.

NHL really should start the Cup Finals quicker after the end of the previous series -- less chance somebody gets super rusty and it becomes a short series

When do you think they should have started the Stanley Cup Finals? The WCF ended on Monday 5/29 (with a possible Game 7 scheduled for 5/31), and the NBA Finals were already set to start 6/1, so the earliest they could have started it was one day earlier, on that Friday. Sucks for Florida that they had such a long layoff, but that's what happens when you sweep the previous series.

I wouldn't have minded it on 5/31, they'll start other series that quickly after each other. I'm sure various moneyed interests prevent that happening for the "Final" but it would produce a better product IMO

They'll never turn the finals series over that quickly like they do for some of the early round series, especially if one of the previous round's series goes 6 games and one goes 4. Those start dates are basically set in stone (if the Heat had finished off the Celtics in 4, there would have been a 9-day gap between the end of that series and the start of the NBA Finals). Like you said, the money decides when they start....

Also, as much as it pains me to admit it as a Canes fan, I think Vegas is just that much better than Florida, and the results so far are not solely due to rust.

A team relying on a hot goalie very rarely wins the Cup, though it can take them close. Florida showing this once again.

Back