• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita Whitlock Signed to Cowboys Prax Squad

I've never even thought to care what choice someone on the practice squad is.

The NFL has pretty strict unofficial rules for what positions a person can play at a particular height and weight. The only position for someone with Nikita's size is FB. Simple as that. If he continues to work hard, maybe he can catch on with one of the few teams that has a FB. Perhaps the Cowboys brought him in as a scout player when they play teams that have FBs. Don't know.

Maybe someone with balls would actually line Nikita up at nose tackle. I believe he would spend half the time in the opposition's backfield. Strength, leverage, technique and quicks. Can't double him in the nfl.

Maybe Nikita could play LT for the Panthers

Whitlock was recruited to play LB at Wake. He was too slow so they tried him at NT. Needless to say, he's still to slow to play LB. Especially in the NFL.

Heard that Dallas has signed Sam to the practice squad as well- they are looking to shore up their defense and maybe they will move Nikita back to D.

Heard that Dallas has signed Sam to the practice squad as well- they are looking to shore up their defense and maybe they will move Nikita back to D.

head_bde6c3_991300.jpg

Pretty amazing Josh Harris is on the Steelers practice squad. Despite his occasional stupid social media postings, I am happy for the guy.

Yeah, I mean he's a bonehead and he's full of shit, but he's a Deacon!

I'd feel the same way if Travis McKie said a bunch of negative comments about Wake's coaching staff in an effort to land a pro hoops gig. Wouldn't be happy about it, but can't blame the guy for having to put up with 4 years of Bz (or Lobo and a comfortable Grobe in Harris' case).

I'd feel the same way if Travis McKie said a bunch of negative comments about Wake's coaching staff in an effort to land a pro hoops gig. Wouldn't be happy about it, but can't blame the guy for having to put up with 4 years of Bz (or Lobo and a comfortable Grobe in Harris' case).

Difference is McKie actually did perform well while he was at Wake in spite of an awful coaching staff. Harris did not, but thought he did.

ETA: the more appropriate comparison would be Ty Walker.

Last edited:
Back