• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

If there was any doubt about how many App fans there’s gonna be tonight, this email was just pushed out to students from the ticketing app—

Our note today comes with a message reminding you that the privilege of hosting postseason contests comes with an expectation of excellent sportsmanship and treating our guests - the student-athletes, coaches, band, spirit squad, and fans of our opponent - with the utmost dignity and respect. With a large contingent of Appalachian State fans expected to be in attendance, we remind you to embrace our sportsmanship code;
  • Always conduct yourself in a manner that represents Wake Forest University and our community with honor, dignity, and respect.
  • Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship.
  • My personal conduct will be above reproach.
  • I will make a positive impact on those around me.
John Currie is salivating at the thought of App fans blowing their entire Dollar Tree paychecks on $15 Joel chicken tenders for their developmentally disabled pre-diabetic children.

I agree and I would know. I have two degrees from App. The fans are some of the worst, especially because they grew up unc or state fans and never renounced it. They embarrass me, and make me want Wake to beat them all the more.
I have many MS/HS classmates who are Holes fans and App alums. They can get rather obnoxious at times. I want to walk out of the Joel tonite with my head up,
enjoying those salty mountain bastard tears, not leaving in utter disgust

If there was any doubt about how many App fans there’s gonna be tonight, this email was just pushed out to students from the ticketing app—

Our note today comes with a message reminding you that the privilege of hosting postseason contests comes with an expectation of excellent sportsmanship and treating our guests - the student-athletes, coaches, band, spirit squad, and fans of our opponent - with the utmost dignity and respect. With a large contingent of Appalachian State fans expected to be in attendance, we remind you to embrace our sportsmanship code;
  • Always conduct yourself in a manner that represents Wake Forest University and our community with honor, dignity, and respect.
The sudden shift to first person is weird.

Read those bullets in the voice of Stuart Smalley

1710967438685.png

Is the insinuation that the Wake Forest ticket office is pulling the strings over at Seat Geek? That just looks like normal secondary market ticket pricing. Stubhub looks about the same?

I was going to go but I ain't paying $40 ($27 for 1 ticket and $10 for parking) for a game that doesn't matter

I do believe there were some link issues with the tickets in emails that went out for season ticket holders/DC members but I saw tons of Wake fans on Twitter talking about the tickets they got on Sunday evening before there were tickets available online

Back