• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

state, Duke, unc, and possibly Clemson playing the second weekend of the NCAAt while we’re doing what we usually do! Beat 3 of those teams!

“Wake forest shit” is alive and well!

Season needed to die anyway. Just wait till next year. At least Clemson having the start we should have been having.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m sure that it’s not that the guys we give up career highs to game after game don’t get off to hot starts in other games, it’s that those other games are against teams that actually have coaches that make adjustments to keep those players from going on to have career highs.
This.

Thanks, kids, for your efforts and commitment this year to Wake. We very much appreciate you and the coaches, despite our unfettered venting here. Please forgive us, and go Deacs!

I’m sure that it’s not that the guys we give up career highs to game after game don’t get off to hot starts in other games, it’s that those other games are against teams that actually have coaches that make adjustments to keep those players from going on to have career highs.

In fairness 2/3 of his points were before halftime. We did actually come back a bit today, although that might have more to do with starting out so poorly.

That extended stretch of Clark, Canka, and Marsh all on at the same time was surreal. What in the fuck was Forbes thinking about allowing that lineup to go for so long?

Two obvious coaching fails in this game - all the 3-pointers in the first half when it appeared we had a big advantage inside, and that stretch with Clark, Canka, and Marsh all at the same time. If you want to play those guys you filter them in one at a time - you don't go minutes with those guys all in together...

No matter how long you think Forbes is going to be here or how “hot” or not you say his seat is, I am not convinced he is “building” something. The only people building anything IMO are Mit Shah and RTQ. We are 4 wins a season better than we were under Manning, but unfortunately Manning was 6-7 wins short, not 4. Forbes hasn’t been good enough and I don’t see any sign that we are getting better. I hope he proves me wrong.

This. There’s also Canka. I think MMM is worth keeping, but we should kindly move Clark, Marsh, Canka and Keller along. We need players who can contribute immediately and we also have zero depth. The portal fixes both of those issues. Get to work, Steve.
We don’t know enough about Canka and Clark to even make a decision. They didn’t get the chance to show anything all year.

No matter how long you think Forbes is going to be here or how “hot” or not you say his seat is, I am not convinced he is “building” something. The only people building anything IMO are Mit Shah and RTQ. We are 4 wins a season better than we were under Manning, but unfortunately Manning was 6-7 wins short, not 4. Forbes hasn’t been good enough and I don’t see any sign that we are getting better. I hope he proves me wrong.
I think what we’re seeing is an upgrade in talent under Forbes, but not really an upgrade in coaching.

Next 6 weeks will be interesting to see who returns. Listened to Carr and Forbes on Stan's post game. Carr gave me the impression he may return next year but of course that can change on a dime depending on how much $$$ is thrown his way. Like many on this thread time to chill out regroup and see how our baseball team evolves.

Just jumping on this thread for the GA game. I was at the game. Deacs were off, but the officiating was absolutely aweful.

Considering the disparity in outside and FT shooting in this game, its remarkable that we were even within shouting distance.

And I don't know what we did to have some sort of bizarre injury curse, but I am ready for it to end. Teams do go through seasons mostly injury free. It does happen!

Considering the disparity in outside and FT shooting in this game, its remarkable that we were even within shouting distance.

And I don't know what we did to have some sort of bizarre injury curse, but I am ready for it to end. Teams do go through seasons mostly injury free. It does happen!
UGA had 3 major pieces out with injury. The injuries impact us more because we have no depth.

Back