• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

You can't make up how unlucky/cursed Wake Forest is in sports. I mean we're up there with the fucking Hope Diamond and the Bermuda Triangle at this point.
I mean Sallis busted his ankle behind a basket on some TV wires or gear?

Forbes has addressed this or do I just need to keep reading?

I see the lynch mob is out in force this evening.
You’re joking right, we’ve made one (sort of) one NCAA appearance in more than a decade and year 4 of our “savior” coach results in a another miss, that really was inexcusable and you’re calling people a lynch mob?

Last edited:
I mean Sallis busted his ankle behind a basket on some TV wires or gear?

Forbes has addressed this or do I just need to keep reading?

Forbes said pre-game that Sallis was waving to the crowd after the app win and he did not see the change in height from the court to the LJVM floor.

Turned and sprained his ankle. Friendly fire. :(

Forbes said pre-game that Sallis was waving to the crowd after the app win and he did not see the change in height from the court to the LJVM floor.

Turned and sprained his ankle. Friendly fire. :(
Ok at least that cannot be a high ankle sprain, usually those are when you jump up and land.

He will be 100 percent by summer for either us, or the Sacramento Kings.

ETA: that is some serious LJVM bull shit drop off, since I've done that same sprained ankle 500 times and it is better in 2 or 3 days. So the Joel got him

We need to take this argument seriously.
I think I can probably make that point real easy. Take the players Bzzz had and Manning had and ask yourself if Forbes would’ve really done any better with them? I think somebody said Forbes is about 4 games a season better than the last 2, in my opinion we’ve had 4 more wins a season better talent under Forbes, but coaching???

I think what we’re seeing is an upgrade in talent under Forbes, but not really an upgrade in coaching.

I like Forbes and I think he can keep us competitive, but I do start to wonder about getting us to the next step without seeing improvement in coaching schemes.

I liked what I saw from Clark today. PFred has a ton of potential. I expect their impact is on a positive. Forbes is a great coach for guards/wings…we need help in the post.

Crazy stat… Georgia had 15 turnovers to Wake’s 8
Points off turnovers: Georgia 15 to Wake’s 6
That's because we don't have a true point guard leader. We fastbreak with no practice, no plan. We probably turn the ball over 75% of the time when we have fast break.... It sure seems that way. Either throw it to opponent or try to take a shot where they have three guys a foot taller than whoever's shooting blocking the ball, or throwing it OOB or falling down while dribbling. It's just really hard to watch when you've watched a lot of good basketball.

Anyone else see Keller catch a pass from Reid under the basket and, despite being unguarded, he pump faked nobody and then missed a rushed jump shot?

I think I can probably make that point real easy. Take the players Bzzz had and Manning had and ask yourself if Forbes would’ve really done any better with them? I think somebody said Forbes is about 4 games a season better than the last 2, in my opinion we’ve had 4 more wins a season better talent under Forbes, but coaching???

This is a dumb argument that’s not even really worth the and engaging with.

Depends on the players. I like think Forbes would do better with the higher end Manning players like Collins, Dinos, Crawford, Moore, Sarr, Brown, and some others. But I have little confidence Forbes could have coached those players to a better performance down the stretch and in the ACCT.

Forbes having Canka, Clark, and Marsh in the game at the same time should be a fireable offense. That combined with not pounding the ball inside in the first half cost us this game.

I kept yelling get the starters back in a pound it inside over and over again. The people sitting beside us were getting annoyed but damn, it was so obvious, it was infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back