• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NJ DEAC POST HERE - Post all your long form essays on the pros, cons, and unintended consequences of NIL in this thread!

I might have to pin this until the end of the season.

@RChildress107

Please consider this to be your official invitation to come back solely on this thread and any other, extended by an official Staff Member of OGBoards. You are invited to Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely. You're welcome.

I actually enjoyed reading NJ's posts: a bit preachy and over-the-top, but some of his points either on a macro or micro scale ain't that far from being reality in today's environment. OWG here, but most of you will end up the same down the road so not a fan of running off a young poster just b/c he hasn't mastered the art of nuance and subtlety yet.

I actually enjoyed reading NJ's posts: a bit preachy and over-the-top, but some of his points either on a macro or micro scale ain't that far from being reality in today's environment. OWG here, but most of you will end up the same down the road so not a fan of running off a young poster just b/c he hasn't mastered the art of nuance and subtlety yet.
I don't disagree with a lot of his points, but I get annoyed that he's just repeating the same shit over and over. Also, I thought it was poor taste for him to ask RTQNIL to "elaborate".

I’m not looking to run anyone off. I want to consolidate the discussion on NIL. Everyone is absolutely welcome to discuss every single aspect of NIL right here in this thread!

It’s fine to not like the NIL but that’s the reality of the world we live in so we either play ball or we fade further into obscurity. Trying to play “gotcha” with someone associated with raising money for the program by saying “AHA - i wanted you to ADMIT we were paying players” is counterproductive and makes you come across as an asshole

It’s fine to not like the NIL but that’s the reality of the world we live in so we either play ball or we fade further into obscurity. Trying to play “gotcha” with someone associated with raising money for the program by saying “AHA - i wanted you to ADMIT we were paying players” is counterproductive and makes you come across as an asshole
This

It's the broken record thing. We get the point. Move on to other topics and the response will be different.

I, for one, enjoy the addition of different, and younger, pov.

Probably not but most of us are old now so I enjoy the diversity of opinion.

Not exactly skewing young:

1679068363780.png

Back