• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NJ DEAC POST HERE - Post all your long form essays on the pros, cons, and unintended consequences of NIL in this thread!

I will only post to this thread if I get a sign game ball from Bobi at the end of the season.

Wonder who's a bigger persona non grata in the state of Indiana right now: Matt Painter or John Ruiz?

I think there is a really interesting story to be told about how Larranaga created really good chemistry on this team, despite all the NIL stuff. That article only glosses over that aspect. Seemed like they were more interested in whatever Ruiz is doing

Larranaga would have been an obvious candidate to replace Skip if Dino was only an interim coach. One of many missed opportunities over the last 15 years.

I think there is a really interesting story to be told about how Larranaga created really good chemistry on this team, despite all the NIL stuff. That article only glosses over that aspect. Seemed like they were more interested in whatever Ruiz is doing

Same for the women’s coach who had to integrate two TikTok celebrities onto a team that made a surprise run in March last year.

If we're into the bribing recruits game now as RTQ tells us, I don't see us losing this one. This is the kind of recruitment we lost to bribes the last 18 months, but if we're matching the bribe we'll land him. Won't be a repeat of McDowell and those guys.

Spewing his trash on recruiting threads isn't cool tho. We actually have a legit chance to land a top-50 player who could be a program changer for Forbes, and he's over here going off about bribery.

He’s the most fundamental poster in boards history imo.
Andrew Carr: second on team in FG% to Marsh; led the team in rebounding; led the team in blocks; third on team in steals; tied for 2nd on team in MINS played. Good player. Too bad he dealt with an injured hand the last few games.

I'm pretty consistent and it's not about ruining fun. Imo, dishonesty and greed are ruining college athletics. Collectives and pay for play disguised as NIL is the most dishonest practice in sports, and I am against it. I would be and was just as vocal about this when it led to us not getting players. Most of you were too. I am not going to change my tune this time because we're the ones benefiting, which most of you seem ready to do.

and there is nothing you can do about it. so...stop following college athletics.

So accept bad things? Look, I promise I mean well, but the most frustrating thing of all for me is instead of fighting for something as good and culturally valuable as college sports, Americans decide to go "well, that sucks. guess we can't do anything about this". It's sad. Wanting to preserve history, rivalries, regionality, equal opportunity and ease of travel for student athletes is good, not Debbie Downer, and being against complete dishonesty and chaos is also good imo. Maybe, as happens all over the world, if fans realized they had the power and not the conferences and TV networks, this wouldn't have happened. But to you guys it's on people like me for being a Debbie downer. I'm the problem. Not dishonest boosters or greedy administrators, executives, and conference chairs.

no, you are free to hate the system. But you are not going to change it here, on this message board.

If you value winning above honesty, there is literally no better way to help the program rn than doing that, I 100% agree, tho the use of the word donation is questionable lol. Regardless of all the things I decry, I’m happy for our staff. They hate this crap just as much as me but they hate losing recruits at the 11th hour even more, and this time it was Wake’s 11th hour bid that won it.

Back