• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No black man coudl have eaened leading Harvard Law Review

I heard Obama achieved straight As in Jihad Class at his Madrassa!

is birther barakat or grobeskinner or someone entirely different?

Barakat seems to make sense, or it could be a parody. But Barakat hasn't shown up yet. Maybe he's trying on a new persona/argument.

GO, you don't have a problem with Clarence Thomas using AA for EVERYTHING in his life.

BTW, you don't get onto Harvard Law Review due to AA. In fact that would be a hinderance.

"“There are those in whom challenge stirs greatness, those who rise to challenge rather than letting it break their stride or spin their compass,” said Tribe about Obama, the Democratic presidential candidate, whom he called “the most impressive and talented of the thousands of students I have been privileged to teach in nearly 40 years on the Harvard faculty.”

(For a little perspective, among Tribe’s other former students is Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts ’76.)"

GO, you don't have a problem with Clarence Thomas using AA for EVERYTHING in his life.

BTW, you don't get onto Harvard Law Review due to AA. In fact that would be a hinderance.

You don't become a USSC Justice due to AA either.

"“There are those in whom challenge stirs greatness, those who rise to challenge rather than letting it break their stride or spin their compass,” said Tribe about Obama, the Democratic presidential candidate, whom he called “the most impressive and talented of the thousands of students I have been privileged to teach in nearly 40 years on the Harvard faculty.”

(For a little perspective, among Tribe’s other former students is Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts ’76.)"

Admittance to HRL is completely subjective based on writing. You bet it could be AA. Deep down you know it's true. Search your feelings. All of you know the truth about this.

Admittance to HRL is completely subjective based on writing. You bet it could be AA. Deep down you know it's true. Search your feelings. All of you know the truth about this.

Or he could just be another batshit crazy right wing Deacon fan.

He absolutely did. He was the only black jurist the GOP had put on the Federal Bench and he took the "black seat" of Thurgood Marshall.

Holy shit, the hypocrisy is off the charts on this one.

You are simultaneously assailing people (or person as Trump is really the only dumbass claiming this) for claiming that a black man became editor of the Harvard Law Review while also claiming that a black man that ascended to a position of USSC Justice only did so because of AA.

:wtftard:

I'm actually intrigued by his grades now, I bet he aced shit.

Plus being Editor in Chief of Law Review is like a popularity contest right?

As we all know grades are the only measure of intellect.

I'm actually intrigued by his grades now, I bet he aced shit.

Plus being Editor in Chief of Law Review is like a popularity contest right?

What I recall is no one wanting it because of all the work involved and it going to the biggest gunner.

Holy shit, the hypocrisy is off the charts on this one.

You are simultaneously assailing people (or person as Trump is really the only dumbass claiming this) for claiming that a black man became editor of the Harvard Law Review while also claiming that a black man that ascended to a position of USSC Justice only did so because of AA.

:wtftard:

How is it hypocrisy when in Thomas' own autobiography he specifically he was accepted to Yale Law via an Affirmative Action slot?

He then finished in the 3/5 of his class.

These facts are not in dispute.

How is it hypocrisy when in Thomas' own autobiography he specifically he was accepted to Yale Law via an Affirmative Action slot?

He then finished in the 3/5 of his class.

These facts are not in dispute.

That means he got into Yale via AA. You seem to be erroneously discounting everything after that as being solely because he got into AA. It's condescending and borderline racist.

rj's original point on this topic, that Clarence Thomas admitted he was a beneficiary of Affirmative Action but he wants to deny that opportunity to other students, is one I agree with.

That means he got into Yale via AA. You seem to be erroneously discounting everything after that as being solely because he got into AA. It's condescending and borderline racist.

You are so FOS.

His first government job was at Depratment of Education as and executive in the Civil Rights division. He had no experience in these matters.

Then Reagan made him Chairman of the EEOC. Again jumping many people who had experience and Reagan's choice was challenged for the same reason

He then got his judicial appointment with zero experience.

I realize FACTS are foreign to you and it's easier for you to snipe at anyone you choose and then say "it's just the way it is."

Also, as a current student at UChicago, ill just say that new professor hires here are vetted pretty intensely. He would not have had a job here without being impressive on paper and in an interview.

Back