• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No clear path for wake forest basketball

Coach K is 71. Warren Buffett is 87. There is not a magical age at which one can no longer function successfully.

Ok. I’ll make an exception if you are an individual who has been transcendent in your particular field. If you have a history of sucking at your job, then no.

Coach K is 71. Warren Buffett is 87. There is not a magical age at which one can no longer function successfully.

How about if you are 70 years old and make repeated indescribably disastrous decisions. Still good?

Ok. I’ll make an exception if you are an individual who has been transcendent in your particular field. If you have a history of sucking at your job, then no.

That’s my point. Age matters very little. If you suck at your job you should be let go, no matter your age.

Several good programs are led by coaches around age 70. Boeheim is 73. Roy is 67.

That’s my point. Age matters very little. If you suck at your job you should be let go, no matter your age.

Several good programs are led by coaches around age 70. Boeheim is 73. Roy is 67.

We’re not arguing the same thing. I didn’t say if you’re 70 you can’t be good at your job. I said if you’re 70, you shouldn’t be making long term decisions for a business. You should be leaving those decisions to people who will actually be around to deal with the potential consequences.

We’re not arguing the same thing. I didn’t say if you’re 70 you can’t be good at your job. I said if you’re 70, you shouldn’t be making long term decisions for a business. You should be leaving those decisions to people who will actually be around to deal with the potential consequences.

So you would have suggested that 70 year old Warren Buffet not make decisions for Berkshire Hathaway because he wouldn't be dealing with the consequences 17 years later?

So you would have suggested that 70 year old Warren Buffet not make decisions for Berkshire Hathaway because he wouldn't be dealing with the consequences 17 years later?

I already responded to this absurd argument. Are you suggesting Ron Wellman is the “Warren Buffet” of Athletic Directors?

I already responded to this absurd argument. Are you suggesting Ron Wellman is the “Warren Buffet” of Athletic Directors?

Les, you made the absurd blanket statement, “I wouldn’t let any 70 year old make business decisions on the future of a lemonade stand, let alone our basketball program.”

It’s called hyperbole to make a point on a stupid message board. If you two couldn’t figure that out, then I wouldn’t want you guys making any decisions for my lemonade stand, either.

Warren Buffet has an army of people helping him.

It’s called hyperbole to make a point on a stupid message board. If you two couldn’t figure that out, then I wouldn’t want you guys making any decisions for my lemonade stand, either.

But does your lemonade stand accept Zelle or bitcoin?

Notorious RBG says she dissents.

Back