• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No-knock raid foulups #42344

Gun nuts think they can take on anybody.

i feel as though paramilitarization of america's police hurts the "arm americans to keep us safe from our govt" argument; it's not an arms race civs can win

and i say this with my own bias against gun ownership AND a healthy distrust of police/govt

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10-facts-swatification-america/

#1 In 1980, there were approximately 3,000 SWAT raids in the United States. Now, there are more than 80,000 SWAT raids per year in this country.

#2 79 percent of the time, SWAT teams are deployed to private homes.

#3 50 percent of the victims of SWAT raids are either black or Latino.

#4 In 65 percent of SWAT deployments, “a battering ram, boot, or some sort of explosive device” is used to gain forced entry to a home.

#5 62 percent of all SWAT raids involve a search for drugs.

#6 In at least 36 percent of all SWAT raids, “no contraband of any kind” is found by the police.

#7 In cases where it is suspected that there is a weapon in the home, police only find a weapon 35 percent of the time.

#8 More than 100 American families have their homes raided by SWAT teamsevery single day.

#9 Only 7 percent of all SWAT deployments are for “hostage, barricade or active-shooter scenarios”.

#10 Even small towns are getting SWAT teams now. 30 years ago, only 25.6 percent of communities with populations between 25,000 and 50,000 people had a SWAT team. Now, that number has increased to 80 percent.

Not really. At Waco they were barricading themselves against what any reasonable person should have been able to conclude was a lawful arrest warrant.
So the proper way to serve a warrant is to burn a bunch of kids.
My comment was agreeing the proper way to arrest the wanted was to wait until he walks out of the house as should have been done to the cult leader.

oh that's rich... county officials can't give the family any money because it would be "illegal." lmao, what a convenient law.

and suspect evidence to get a warrant? lol, i can personally assure you that no evidence is needed to take out a warrant on an average person. i know this as an absolute fact, and it happens daily. daily. one allegation by one person and a 51% inclination that a crime has occured is enough for an officer to get a judge to rubber stamp the warrant in, idk, 90+% of cases. And your accuser? well that's a confidential informant, of course! (aka snitch looking out for themselves at best and a made up source at worst, either way you don't get to face your accuser if they even exist unless your case is in that like 2% that actually go to trial.)

Can't help but notice how conveniently all this plays out for those in power.

Last edited:
oh that's rich... county officials can't give the family any money because it would be "illegal." lmao, what a convenient law.

and suspect evidence to get a warrant? lol, i can personally assure you that no evidence is needed to take out a warrant on an average person. i know this as an absolute fact, and it happens daily. daily. one allegation by one person and a 51% inclination that a crime has occured is enough for an officer to get a judge to rubber stamp the warrant in, idk, 90+% of cases. And your accuser? well that's a confidential informant, of course! (aka snitch looking out for themselves at best and a made up source at worst, either way you don't get to face your accuser if they even exist unless your case is in that like 2% that actually go to trial.)

Can't help but notice how conveniently all this plays out for those in power.

You certainly have a firm grasp on percentages.

If only it was illegal to throw a stun grenade into a crib.

You certainly have a firm grasp on percentages.

ETA: the 51% thing is not an estimate, that's a solid fact for normal people when one officer is doing the investigation. Capital crimes and rape may be different.

the other two figures are rough estimates... do you think they're misleading? I could do a bit of research and come back with some citations that would closely reflect my estimates. In fact, I was being conservative.

i'm aware quantifying things in general is dangerous. but i wanted the less informed layperson to realize just how fucked up it all is.

Last edited:
mEzcgaT.gif

that reminds me, my redbox movie is overdue

Back