• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No More Days The Journey is Over #0 Teague/Ellis

29 Days. Pretty slim pickins on #29 but let's give a shout out to corner Kerry Major who probably could have guarded better than our bunch last night. This will be over soon.

That BC game before JG took the wraps off Little Ghee... Burn victim.

If there isn't an announcement the day after the ACC tournament ends I think my head might explode.

But now that I think about it, what is the usual timing for canning the coach, assuming that we wait until the end of the season? I assume it is immediately after the season ends but I haven't gone back and looked at the precedents. Does anybody know how this usually goes down?

4 more weeks...quiet reflection.

If there isn't an announcement the day after the ACC tournament ends I think my head might explode.

But now that I think about it, what is the usual timing for canning the coach, assuming that we wait until the end of the season? I assume it is immediately after the season ends but I haven't gone back and looked at the precedents. Does anybody know how this usually goes down?
I wish that whenever WF loses its last game of the season, Wellman would grab a mic, walk to center court, and do a Vince McMahon.

I expect a resignation announcement at post game press conference after our loss in the ACC tournament. Any later is too late for me. Here is my ideal scenario: Dan Collins: "Jeff, how do you think your players handled the pressure of the ACC tournament game?" BZ:"You'll have to ask them, I am resigning effective immediately." *drops mic on the floor and walks out*

I would guess the Monday following the ACCT. Would be analogous to Grobe's announcement. Or maybe the day after our loss while the ACCT is still going on. I highly doubt a postgame announcement.

I would guess the Monday following the ACCT. Would be analogous to Grobe's announcement. Or maybe the day after our loss while the ACCT is still going on. I highly doubt a postgame announcement.

Just let me dream...I have so little hope with respect to Wake basketball, and it took you 6 minutes to squash my dream.

I would guess Monday. Ron does his committee thing on Selection Sunday, flies back to Winston for a Monday press conference, then flies out to a tournament site (or they send him to Raleigh to watch).

Just let me dream...I have so little hope with respect to Wake basketball, and it took you 6 minutes to squash my dream.

Hey I'd love it.

Back to Barclay... we should all celebrate Chris Barclay Day by watching someone else smoke weed.

Stand on the sidelines if you care to but those who believe will celebrate as each day passes and we will rejoice in the sweet parting.

William Shakespeare

“Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.”

Chris Barclay is probably the most underrated, underdiscussed great player in recent Wake Forest history.

I hope RW is working around the clock, making a list and checking it twice, sending out feelers, sucking up where needed, etc. Fire bzzard right after our tourney loss, announce an amazing replacement, then fly off to be important somewhere else.

I hope RW is working around the clock, making a list and checking it twice, sending out feelers, sucking up where needed, etc. Fire bzzard right after our tourney loss, announce an amazing replacement, then fly off to be important somewhere else.

Which has been rumored.
Then again, just about everything has been rumored at this point.

I too think the most probable schedule is for Ron and Bz to sit down on the Monday after selection Sunday and discuss Bz future plans...doing something other than working for the Wake Forest Athletic department.

Shame we've had such little discussion of Barclay. Even more of a shame I can only find this one Wake highlight.

Shame we've had such little discussion of Barclay. Even more of a shame I can only find this one Wake highlight.

Barclay had so many runs like this, it seems like he would always disappear in the pile and then somehow break out from nowhere and take it to the house

Back