• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non=partisan report - "Indisputable" that US tortured under W

Obliquely agree. One wonders if RJ is being too hard on W. Arguably some drone- or sniper-strike 'victims' would have preferred W's softer methods.

I supported W's use of drones many times. Trying to equate that with systematic use of torture and wantonly breaking the Geneva Convention as the W did is dishonest and disingenuous.

We signed the Geneva Convention and torture is defined. There is no question outside of W's cronies and apologists that waterboarding is definitively torture. It's black letter law. There is no disputing this.

Anyone involved is a war criminal.

We signed the Geneva Convention and torture is defined. There is no question outside of W's cronies and apologists that waterboarding is definitively torture. It's black letter law. There is no disputing this.

Anyone involved is a war criminal.

Care to look up what the Geneva Convention says about summary execution?

So committing war crimes is OK if we had good intentions?

We executed people for doing to our soldiers what we did on institutional basis.

I am confused as to where I made a value judgement on the subject. Read next time RJ.

To think you can't hunt down and target opposition military or political leaders in a war is ludicrous.

Using your logic, it would have been illegal for us to target Hitler or Goebbels during WWII.

To think you can't hunt down and target opposition military or political leaders in a war is ludicrous.

Using your logic, it would have been illegal for us to target Hitler or Goebbels during WWII.

LOL

Could we have tortured Hitler or Goebbels?

I'm quite sure that both the Bush and Obama administrations have been responsible for torturing detainees. Can't we at least agree that torture in any form is reprehensible? Can't we agree that we wouldn't want American prisoners of war subjected to torture? Can't we agree that America should aspire to be better than that?

I have seen both administrations trample all over the Constitution in an effort to inflict pain on brown-skinned people, with a zeal like a bunch of frat guys at a gang bang.

I'm quite sure that both the Bush and Obama administrations have been responsible for torturing detainees. Can't we at least agree that torture in any form is reprehensible? Can't we agree that we wouldn't want American prisoners of war subjected to torture? Can't we agree that America should aspire to be better than that?

I have seen both administrations trample all over the Constitution in an effort to inflict pain on brown-skinned people, with a zeal like a bunch of frat guys at a gang bang.

There are some of us that view torture as a necessary evil, just like we view summary execution of our enemies with drones as a necessary evil.

Why is torture a "necessary evil"? Even John McCain stated that "intelligence" gained that way is suspect.

Torture is a war crime. It is never a "necessary evil". To try to justify torture is barbaric and evil.

Prove it.....we have proof on the previous administration.

Back