• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

99+% effectiveness is not a huge failure rate, in my opinion. Especially when worn under a full face shield. But at least you are consistent between that and covid death rates, I guess.

The FDA and CDC reported Thursday that new U.S. testing showed dozens of the Chinese masks failed to meet that 95% level. Some of the masks filtered as little as 20% of particles, according to the testing information from the CDC.

You can't continually post the stuff you do on here and then blame this mother. She basically took these moves right out of the 2&2 playbook:

- COVID isn't dangerous for 99% of people
- COVID is less dangerous than flu and pneumonia
- COVID is another media milkwich
- I have friends that go to Charleston for a beer and burger during the pandemic
- I have friends that go to COVID parties to get it out of the way

You are forgetting my primary element, which is to isolate the most vulnerable, which she did not do.

That said, heading to Dirty Myrtle on Thursday with 9 other families for the weekend. The 10th dropped out because the dad got the Rona (no symptoms, of course). Suns out, guns out.

The FDA and CDC reported Thursday that new U.S. testing showed dozens of the Chinese masks failed to meet that 95% level. Some of the masks filtered as little as 20% of particles, according to the testing information from the CDC.

Of course they did, months after they were removed from the approved list at the same time 3M and Honeywell made their investments. Hopefully you aren't this naive in your daily activities.

What do you do for a living? Why do you need N95s? My understanding is that N95s are for people that work in a toxic environment - they protect the wearer but do not protect other people from the wearer.

You may know this perfectly but I keep hearing people talking about N95s as if they are just a better type of mask - a higher level of protection. That simply isn't true, they are a different kind of mask made for a different purpose.

You are talking about N95s with exhaust valves. Those are different from the standard single-piece 3M N95 disposable paint spray masks.

You are forgetting my primary element, which is to isolate the most vulnerable, which she did not do.

That said, heading to Dirty Myrtle on Thursday with 9 other families for the weekend. The 10th dropped out because the dad got the Rona (no symptoms, of course). Suns out, guns out.

Jesus fucking Christ.

What a monumentally shitty idea.

Yeah it’s one thing if you’re going to a vacation spot your family owns with your own family and not going out to eat (so going out on the beach and cooking in after getting groceries). It’s another to go with 9 other families where you will presumably be the average tourist (standing in line at the crab shack at 5:30 PM) during the virus’ apex in the area.

I hope for his and his family’s sake he isn’t one of the “I didn’t take it seriously and now I have COVID” and then he died stories.

We rented a 1BR condo at HHI a few weeks ago. Ate all of our meals in the condo and didn’t get close to anybody.

I very much hope you get the 'rona while you are there. That seems to be what you are looking for, and then you can be done with it. Hopefully you will have mild to no symptoms and can come back to assault all of us with your vast knowledge again. And hopefully you can't actually catch it again, contrary to several reports out there.

The least surprising aspect of that entire post is that 2and2 summers at Myrtle Beach.

The least surprising aspect of that entire post is that 2and2 summers at Myrtle Beach.

Who the hell has 10 families to hang with? I could come up with maybe four. And where the hell do you put ten families? Are you renting a whole floor on a hotel? Several beach houses? A brothel?

After thinking about it, maybe it's a church group or other social network sign up thing where it's not necessarily super-best-friends.

After thinking about it, maybe it's a church group or other social network sign up thing where it's not necessarily super-best-friends.

Tags: 2&2 buys friends; pass offering plate

Oh you're definitely gonna get it here, you sure about coming?

Yeah it’s one thing if you’re going to a vacation spot your family owns with your own family and not going out to eat (so going out on the beach and cooking in after getting groceries). It’s another to go with 9 other families where you will presumably be the average tourist (standing in line at the crab shack at 5:30 PM) during the virus’ apex in the area.

No we've already got outdoor reservations for the restaurants and they'll split us up. Staying in separate condos, will meet up out on the beach. Bringing the fogger and one of the commercial office air filters, cleans 5,000 sq ft in 10 minutes. Should be fun.

No we've already got outdoor reservations for the restaurants and they'll split us up. Staying in separate condos, will meet up out on the beach. Bringing the fogger and one of the commercial office air filters, cleans 5,000 sq ft in 10 minutes. Should be fun.

Where are you eating?

Back