• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

What do you want them to do? They restrict the spread of the heavy respiratory droplets that seem to be spreading COVID.

DistrictDeacon told me that my cloth fishing shield, which clearly restricts the spread of the heavy respiratory droplets that seem to be spreading COVID, won't work. Who is the #expert now, bitches?

We have a few big cases of the Made in China disposable "medical" masks that Gov Cooper made available to healthcare workers a few weeks ago. They are complete garbage, basically like holding one ply of toilet paper over your mouth. I'm taking my fishing shield over them all day every day. We also have several cases of the Chinese "counterfeit" N95 and KN95 masks that were removed from the CDC's approved lists after the kickbacks were given to 3M and Honeywell for retooling their production plants. Also a few cases of the 3M N95 masks. Not much difference between the counterfeits and the 3Ms, but a huge difference between the counterfeits and Cooper's asswipes that are somehow being doled out as protection. Would have to doublebag them to be remotely satisfied.

What do you want them to do? They restrict the spread of the heavy respiratory droplets that seem to be spreading COVID.

It was my understanding that the thin cotton masks let large amounts of the viral load through. If you go that route you should be using triple layered quilted cotton masks.

Idk though, which is why I've just been sticking to medical masks when possible.

EDIT: but maybe medical masks are bullshit too? Who knows.

So you’re saying the mom lied.

I'm saying to take her social media posts as facts is dubious. At a minimum she is a complete idiot based on the minimal actual facts we do know, so whether she is lying or just really stupid or it is a bogus account, assuming that what appears on her social media page is a correct recap of what actually happened does not seem smart.

Once you accept the fact that 97% of all people are fucking morons, and that number is higher among those on social media, it makes it much easier to go through life.

DistrictDeacon told me that my cloth fishing shield, which clearly restricts the spread of the heavy respiratory droplets that seem to be spreading COVID, won't work. Who is the #expert now, bitches?

We have a few big cases of the Made in China disposable "medical" masks that Gov Cooper made available to healthcare workers a few weeks ago. They are complete garbage, basically like holding one ply of toilet paper over your mouth. I'm taking my fishing shield over them all day every day. We also have several cases of the Chinese "counterfeit" N95 and KN95 masks that were removed from the CDC's approved lists after the kickbacks were given to 3M and Honeywell for retooling their production plants. Also a few cases of the 3M N95 masks. Not much difference between the counterfeits and the 3Ms, but a huge difference between the counterfeits and Cooper's asswipes that are somehow being doled out as protection. Would have to doublebag them to be remotely satisfied.

what even is this post

It was my understanding that the thin cotton masks let large amounts of the viral load through. If you go that route you should be using triple layered quilted cotton masks.

Idk though, which is why I've just been sticking to medical masks when possible.

EDIT: but maybe medical masks are bullshit too? Who knows.

Depends which #experts and #science you follow. My Chinese "counterfeit" N95s were perfectly acceptable for all customary uses until 3M and Honeywell retooled their plants, then they magically became bullshit incapable of protecting you from anything.

Like, isn't it exhausting finding so many things to feel aggrieved about?

Two things:

1. If true, the mom is an idiot and you can't vaccinate from bad parenting.
2. There is quite a bit of creative license taken between the actual medical examiner's report and the write-up from the obviously slanted website that Ph posted. But it's on the internet, so it is all true.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...oven-drugs-before-covid-19-death-reports-say/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/07/florida-carsyn-davis-coronavirus/

Like, isn't it exhausting finding so many things to feel aggrieved about?

Do you want to pay me the few hundred dollars I spent on the N95 and KN95s that were specifically listed as approved by the CDC (#experts & #science), but then magically disappeared from the approved list for the obvious reason, while Cooper pushes his asswipes to play hero? Sorry for feeling aggrieved about that, but I've got about six hundred bucks worth of paper hats now.

I'm saying to take her social media posts as facts is dubious. At a minimum she is a complete idiot based on the minimal actual facts we do know, so whether she is lying or just really stupid or it is a bogus account, assuming that what appears on her social media page is a correct recap of what actually happened does not seem smart.

Once you accept the fact that 97% of all people are fucking morons, and that number is higher among those on social media, it makes it much easier to go through life.

You can't continually post the stuff you do on here and then blame this mother. She basically took these moves right out of the 2&2 playbook:

- COVID isn't dangerous for 99% of people
- COVID is less dangerous than flu and pneumonia
- COVID is another media milkwich
- I have friends that go to Charleston for a beer and burger during the pandemic
- I have friends that go to COVID parties to get it out of the way

Do you want to pay me the few hundred dollars I spent on the N95 and KN95s that were specifically listed as approved by the CDC (#experts & #science), but then magically disappeared from the approved list for the obvious reason, while Cooper pushes his asswipes to play hero? Sorry for feeling aggrieved about that, but I've got about six hundred bucks worth of paper hats now.

"Magically disappeared" after they showed huge failure rates. Damn the government for trying to protect you.

So is a Carole a person that is in complete and total denial about covid19 because of their political affiliation? Someone that takes it so far really bad things happen.

What do you do for a living? Why do you need N95s? My understanding is that N95s are for people that work in a toxic environment - they protect the wearer but do not protect other people from the wearer.

You may know this perfectly but I keep hearing people talking about N95s as if they are just a better type of mask - a higher level of protection. That simply isn't true, they are a different kind of mask made for a different purpose.

"Magically disappeared" after they showed huge failure rates. Damn the government for trying to protect you.

99+% effectiveness is not a huge failure rate, in my opinion. Especially when worn under a full face shield. But at least you are consistent between that and covid death rates, I guess.

Back