• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Has this been addressed yet - for someone that works in an athletic department, how does Rafi know so much about C19? Is he a trainer?

He must be like the Dr. Fauci for Wake athletics.

Think of all the ridiculousness citizens of the US have had to put up with in the last few months:

It will just go away
It’s a mild virus
The flu is worse
Take hydroxychloroquine
Take azithromycin
Use disinfectants and UV light in the body
Physicians are fudging death certificates
People die of car accidents and it gets counted as COVID
Masks decrease oxygen
Masks cause CO2 retention
Distancing doesn’t work
People aren’t really distancing because I saw some people working on lawns
Let’s follow the Sweden model
I don’t know anyone with the virus
The people I know with the virus didn’t die
People die of car accidents too
We have more cases because we do more testing
And my absolute personal favorite, just eat apples!

All this garbage instead of taking it seriously, following the science, and planning.

Trump just tells it like it is.

The crazy thing is, had we just had a coherent national response with clear messaging, Trump would have had an excellent chance of getting re-elected.

My wife is Norwegian and her basic take on this has been that too many Americans are selfish and conspiracy theorists. Combined with the incoherent patchwork response by governments, it’s led to destroying the summer and possibly the fall. It’s really painful to see pictures on Facebook of all of her friends and family back home living life almost normally and comparing it to our situation.

Horry County (where Myrtle is) had 1/3 of Charleston county's cases today. All the non-mask fools have bailed since the local ordinance. The locals are taking it seriously. Doofus and I have led the charge through sheer belief. We even cyber-bullied 2&2 into wearing a mask while he was here and now we are forcing the Ohioans out by sheer will.

What year did you graduate (Ph and Rafi)? I was at Wake from 97-2001. I have met Ph at a tailgate or two since, but I'm sure it wasn't memorable. Ha!

Well per Slavitt it’s possible that 1/500 are getting infected daily. Means as long as it’s still having an r naught over 1, most will get it in the next 6 months.

I’m curious how much the fact that it’s non white people dying the most has affected the reaction. Is the death rate different because of racial factors or is it different cause white people can socially distance better. So it’s just blacks and browns dying first, but the white folks gonna die in a couple months.

May as well just bail on the vaccine at this point. Everyone in this country will have been exposed to it well before we can get into mass production of an effective drug.

Well per Slavitt it’s possible that 1/500 are getting infected daily. Means as long as it’s still having an r naught over 1, most will get it in the next 6 months.

I’m curious how much the fact that it’s non white people dying the most has affected the reaction. Is the death rate different because of racial factors or is it different cause white people can socially distance better. So it’s just blacks and browns dying first, but the white folks gonna die in a couple months.
We'll find out soon. Lots of Chads and Brads out in South End tonight.
0d390e7693c85f74e7a2749fad11ec19.jpg

Has anybody had the nasal swab test? How was it? Not crazy about the idea of having a foot-long Q-tip shoved into my basal ganglia.

Has anybody had the nasal swab test? How was it? Not crazy about the idea of having a foot-long Q-tip shoved into my basal ganglia.

Everything I’ve heard is that it’s not painful, just a really odd feeling.

Have you ever had a nasopharyngeal swab for the flu? They’re pretty common. It’s the exact same thing as the COVID swab. A few seconds of discomfort and then it’s done.

Have you ever had a nasopharyngeal swab for the flu? They’re pretty common. It’s the exact same thing as the COVID swab. A few seconds of discomfort and then it’s done.

Don't think I've ever had that. I have sinus issues so I've had sinus scopes, but for those my ENT sprays a numbing solution down my throat so I never know what hits me. Doesn't sound like they do that for the coronavirus swab.

My wife had one a few weeks ago. She said it sucked and was ready to slap the nurse who did it (and my wife is a nurse).

Don't think I've ever had that. I have sinus issues so I've had sinus scopes, but for those my ENT sprays a numbing solution down my throat so I never know what hits me. Doesn't sound like they do that for the coronavirus swab.

No, they won’t do a numbing solution as it would affect the test.

Back