• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

If it had no to very minimal side effects, reducing the number of hospitalizations/complications by 50% would be a pretty big deal.

Day 1 back to work. Walked in, neither receptionist nor testing coordinator wearing mask behind the front desk. Gonna be a fun school year.

man, probably related to getting strong too often and not COVID but I've been dropping words from sentences when I type all the freaking time the last couple weeks

Supposedly, children, while not getting sick, have the virus and spread it more readily (JAMA)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...19-more-efficiently-than-adults/#7e7a52aa19fd

According to the results, children 5 years and younger who develop mild to moderate Covid-19 symptoms have 10 to 100 times as much SARS-CoV-2 in the nasopharynx as older children and adults.

The study also shows that children from the ages of 5 to 17, also with mild to moderate Covid-19 symptoms, have the same amount of virus in the nasopharynx as adults age 18 and above.

Last edited:
man, probably related to getting strong too often and not COVID but I've been dropping words from sentences when I type all the freaking time the last couple weeks

Late nights and early mornings plus chemical enhancements will do that to a man.

If it had no to very minimal side effects, reducing the number of hospitalizations/complications by 50% would be a pretty big deal.

For sure. It would be very helpful here, and presumably help stem how much it can spread? But it's far from assumed "immunity" the way a measles vaccine is. More like the seasonal flu vaccine. My larger question is whether this gets us back to "normal" and my immediate assumption is this type of vaccine would help, but we'd be nowhere back to the old normal after. If it's up around 70+ % or gets better through time, I could see it.

man I had to write something out with a pen this morning for maybe the first time in a few months and it was appalling how bad my handwriting has gotten (was always bad)

Turns out, when you literally lick the face/arms/hands of other people, you tend to spread disease. #science

The 2yo literally stuck her tongue up the 5yo's nostril in the bath last night, and the 5yo thought it was the funniest thing in recorded history.

Kids'll be fine once we throw them back into classrooms.

Back