• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Would be interesting to see a study of suicide/drug abuse/domestic violence/etc. increases compared to direct stimulus across different countries. My guess is that there is correlation.

Welp, high school basketball season starts on Monday as planned because we're all a bunch of crazy people apparently. I can't understand that decision with a vaccine on the horizon, but full speed ahead.

Welp, high school basketball season starts on Monday as planned because we're all a bunch of crazy people apparently. I can't understand that decision with a vaccine on the horizon, but full speed ahead.

They've gotta play in masks now, right? or is that just private school league rule? I can't imagine playing full court in a mask.

I think we had our first actual student cases (just one or two) here after a basketball game was played, this is why you don't schedule the christian schools.

They've gotta play in masks now, right? or is that just private school league rule? I can't imagine playing full court in a mask.

I think we had our first actual student cases (just one or two) here after a basketball game was played, this is why you don't schedule the christian schools.

Yep. Full masks. Which is going to be crazy.

Yep. Full masks. Which is going to be crazy.

Just feels like it should be cancelled altogether instead of that.. I can understand a sport like volleyball getting away with masks on while playing, but man.. while sucking wind in bball, no thanks.

T's and P's, though I guess you've already got your antibodies at least.

Would be interesting to see a study of suicide/drug abuse/domestic violence/etc. increases compared to direct stimulus across different countries. My guess is that there is correlation.

As a defense attorney, it's my feel that there's been an uptick in DV.

All the numbers continue to skyrocket. Here's my advice: 1) Do not eat inside a restaurant (because you have to remove your mask), 2) Do not work out in a gym (because heavy breathing spreads the virus), 3) Do not ride in a car with someone outside your family, 4) Do not interact with others outside your family, and 5) If you have to interact with others, wear your mask at all times (over your nose and mouth).

All the numbers continue to skyrocket. Here's my advice: 1) Do not eat inside a restaurant (because you have to remove your mask), 2) Do not work out in a gym (because heavy breathing spreads the virus), 3) Do not ride in a car with someone outside your family, 4) Do not interact with others outside your family, and 5) If you have to interact with others, wear your mask at all times (over your nose and mouth).

re: eating indoors (don't do it):

Last edited:

Agree with all this.

Man I am sooooooooo glad about da bodies.

I just casually toss a mask on and just do everything I normally would.

Man I am sooooooooo glad about da bodies.

I just casually toss a mask on and just do everything I normally would.

I'm holding down some bodies. Still wear a mask everywhere I go, including any time I'm not in my office. I walk to breakroom, I put on mask. I walk to bathroom, I put on mask. It's all optics.

I'm holding down some bodies. Still wear a mask everywhere I go, including any time I'm not in my office. I walk to breakroom, I put on mask. I walk to bathroom, I put on mask. It's all optics.

Agree. I enjoy my bodies. They are like the snuggliest blanket. Optics are critical doe, because I don't wanna have Karen up in my grill.

I wish I could give my family members my bodies for Christmas...And I'm not talking about the body I gave Mako's mom last night.

2/10

Someone at South Mecklenburg High School has tested positive. Very cool and necessary that we are bringing kids back to do in person testing.

Apparently they are confident no one had contact with this person, but will also be sending notification to people who had contact separately so they can take precautions.

Great timing during this Thanksgiving spike and before some of these people likely travel again for Christmas.

Someone at South Mecklenburg High School has tested positive. Very cool and necessary that we are bringing kids back to do in person testing.

Apparently they are confident no one had contact with this person, but will also be sending notification to people who had contact separately so they can take precautions.

Great timing during this Thanksgiving spike and before some of these people likely travel again for Christmas.

Yeah, re-starting in-person school right now is an awful idea.

I saw a stat from Dr. Mandy Cohen that in North Carolina over the past 8 months COVID has killed 3 times as many people as the flu did in the past decade.

Back