• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

3,054 more deaths today :(

And this will keep going up. It’s terrible. Hospitals are getting to the point that they can’t effectively care for everyone.

Oh JFC

A state association of public school superintendents met last week in Greensboro for an in-person winter conference, and two attendees have tested positive for coronavirus, the group's executive director confirmed Wednesday.

The North Carolina School Superintendents' Association, an advocacy and professional development group, held a multi-day conference last week at the Grandover Resort & Conference Center.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/tw...-coronavirus-after-state-conference/19421848/

Wife had a scheduled breast cancer screening cause she was concerned about a lump, and they called today to reschedule to April cause not worth the covid risk they said.

If she has a lump, call them back and tell them to get her in. Or call another doctor. For a regular screening mammogram a delay is defensible, but not if she has a new lump.

If she has a lump, call them back and tell them to get her in. Or call another doctor. For a regular screening mammogram a delay is defensible, but not if she has a new lump.

HMO, primary care doc. But it seems like the lump went away, 2 days ago (was there for about 2 weeks). Likely tied to her cycle?

Last edited:
I had a colonoscopy pushed back from March 2020 to June 2020 and it almost fucking killed me. Found a tumor in my appendix. Which they tried to wait until November to remove because COVID, but I had it done in August after a nurse brought the schedule to the Doctor who was like, "naw, that'll kill him, let's do it stat."

I'm really coming around to the idea but this virus isn't something real. But that maybe instead it's some made up sickness, like homosexuality.

When will you get the vaccine? Find out here
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

I am 10th from the end. By the time they get to me, there may not be a point. My doctor's office (Duke) sent an email saying they will let me know when I can get the vaccine - pretty much "don't call us, we'll call you."

My take it that 40% of the deplorables won't want the vaccine and it'll be available much much sooner than projected between that and a few more versions being approved than are anticipated.

It’s quite possible that Trump discourages his followers from taking the Pfizer vaccine in favor of “Warp Speed” vaccines.

These people won’t wear masks. It’s a leap to say they’ll take two vaccine shots.

Our health system resulted almost 2000 tests yesterday and they had a 14% positive rate. Our rolling 7 day average of hospital admissions is now higher than it was at the previous peak in July.

Any idea on how prior Covid diagnosis will affect your vaccine timeline? Or are we sickies just not gonna get it?

It’s quite possible that Trump discourages his followers from taking the Pfizer vaccine in favor of “Warp Speed” vaccines.

Given that the Pfizer Vax will primarily be distributed in Urban areas, it really won't matter if he discourages them. His rural base is more likely to get the Moderna vax.

Back