• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Plenty of Cold War “vets” think they defeated the Soviets and can turn their attention to the real enemy, the left.

There is a pretty significant overlap on people who served our country in the military and the people who are not wearing masks.

The WWII vets are in their 90s if not already passed away so I’d think that the vocally non mask contingent of that age group is not really a thing.

The WWII vets are in their 90s if not already passed away so I’d think that the vocally non mask contingent of that age group is not really a thing.

My grandfather is 97 and his brother is 101 and they don't really go anywhere so they're non-maskers.

Yeah. Not really a thing which was my point. Unless there are loud groups of centenarians out there protesting masks that I’m not aware of.

Bryson DeChambeau, Man Of The People and All Around Good Guy Who Is Not At All a Fucking Idiot, has weighed in on the vaccine.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31958173/bryson-dechambeau-returns-being-covid-positive-regret-not-getting-vaccinated

DeChambeau, 27, said he does not regret his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus.

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

"I don't think taking the vaccine away from someone who needs it is a good thing. My dad is a perfect example. He got it [the vaccine] early on because he's a diabetic. People like that need to get it. My mom got it. I don't want to take away that ability."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said there are no vaccine shortages in the United States.

Those of you who refuse to get vaccinated are now officially as stupid as Bryson Doucheambeau. Congrats on being idiots together.

Bryson DeChambeau, Man Of The People and All Around Good Guy Who Is Not At All a Fucking Idiot, has weighed in on the vaccine.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31958173/bryson-dechambeau-returns-being-covid-positive-regret-not-getting-vaccinated

Those of you who refuse to get vaccinated are now officially as stupid as Bryson Doucheambeau. Congrats on being idiots together.

J. T. the Brick really teed of on him and Kirk Cousins on air for refusing to get vaccinated. He was openly lobbying for the Vikings to cut unvaccinated players and replace them with vaccinated ones.

If you took today’s population and put them in 1941, I don’t think the USA could win a world war. Too many selfish, soft , complainers who would never be able to sacrifice for the common good. I mean , could you imagine any of these fucking cowards who complain about their masks in a boat approaching the shores of Normandy?

I've been thinking about this point over Covid times. My hometown is 30 miles from the coast and there was a blackout requirement even that far inland during WW2. People adhered to it, full stop. Now that county (Columbus) has the highest per capita rate of COVID in the state.

If you took today’s population and put them in 1941, I don’t think the USA could win a world war. Too many selfish, soft , complainers who would never be able to sacrifice for the common good. I mean , could you imagine any of these fucking cowards who complain about their masks in a boat approaching the shores of Normandy?

Like the Boomers who lost in Nam?

Like the Boomers who lost in Nam?

the kids who got drafted, watched their buddies die, came home from Vietnam, and got spat upon by civilians?

eta for clarity: the people most responsible for losing in Vietnam were a helluva lot older than 30 when we pulled out in 1975 - ergo they weren't Boomers

Last edited:
How about if we cracked down on speeders, like really strict, and you could get out of the ticket if you have proof of vaccination, or get jabbed on the spot by a cop ?

Back