• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

he was admitted - luckily no ICU yet - but still fighting pneumonia rn

Just saw these updates. Do we have any updates, Kory? Hope things have improved significantly.

And palma, did you test/test positive?

Yeah I’m positive. Luckily no worse than a standard cold/fever so far, but I’ve read enough covid stories where things unexpectedly get worse that I’m not counting my eggs before they’ve hatched, especially not with close to 20 years of smoking on my record.

But at least for me my fever peaked at 102 on fri, 101 on sat & 100 yesterday. So it’s trending downward. Runny nose and slight cough is the rest.

So I got my mom coming in town to visit for a week. We're all vaccinated and ordinarily I'd indoor dining it up, but we are at about 3,000 cases/day in LA county which is equal to the fall/summer peak (winter peak was around 15-20k/day), would you skip the week of indoor dining in our shoes? I'm considering it, I haven't really gone out at all the past few weeks. Or do ya just say f'it we're vaccinated lets live our lives.

I vote f'it we're vaccinated lets live our lives

Yeah I’m positive. Luckily no worse than a standard cold/fever so far, but I’ve read enough covid stories where things unexpectedly get worse that I’m not counting my eggs before they’ve hatched, especially not with close to 20 years of smoking on my record.

But at least for me my fever peaked at 102 on fri, 101 on sat & 100 yesterday. So it’s trending downward. Runny nose and slight cough is the rest.

Lemme get a ticket to LAX so I can eat that COVID butthole, bb. Ok it with Wifey first.

Hoping for the best for both of you guys. Supposed to travel 3 of the next 4 weekends (2 by air), and pretty uneasy about it. Had to provide proof of vaccination for a wedding in NYC in a couple weeks, which was cool.

Palma, feel better...At least you have a lot of pinball to can play while you recover.

The worst part of this whole thing is I was set to have 2 weeks to myself as my wife had a work conference followed by a family vacay. The summer of George, If you will.

Instead now I’m quarantined with her for 2 weeks.

At least yall got to dine indoors at restaurants while she visited right?

Well Nobu is kinda like outside even when you’re inside cause the whole appeal is dining on the ocean

But your high horse ridiculous take that vaccinated people should never leave the house is noted!

Last edited:
Maybe. Better not let your Nobu reservation go to waste though.

I got a head cold, no temperature, breathe right and pepsi tastes like pepsi. Do I have the covid?

My case went like this:

Thursday night: stuffy nose
Friday afternoon: fever began & runny nose
Friday night: fever peaked @102
Saturday: fever down when woke up but came back in afternoon but not as strong @ 101.5
Sunday: down again when woke up, peaked now @101, and broke that night
Monday: no fever all day but nose still going
Tuesday: no symptoms

So a little more than 48h of fever.

My mom just had a slight nasal drip. The tests are cheap and take 15 minutes, no reason at this point not to buy a couple and keep em home

My case went like this:

Thursday night: stuffy nose
Friday afternoon: fever began & runny nose
Friday night: fever peaked @102
Saturday: fever down when woke up but came back in afternoon but not as strong @ 101.5
Sunday: down again when woke up, peaked now @101, and broke that night
Monday: no fever all day but nose still going
Tuesday: no symptoms

So a little more than 48h of fever.

My mom just had a slight nasal drip. The tests are cheap and take 15 minutes, no reason at this point not to buy a couple and keep em home

Apparently the at home, quick tests are pretty accurate if you are symptomatic - but not so accurate if not...

Apparently the at home, quick tests are pretty accurate if you are symptomatic - but not so accurate if not...

I think most people are testing at home of they have symptoms. Very few are randomly testing without any symptoms, although I guess that depends on your definition of symptoms.

Back