• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

She was probably just hungover sick from celebrating getting out of her Covid quarantine.

Fucking quarantining a second time feeling absolutely fine is probably worse than actually being sick.

First tested positive 3-4 weeks ago, had a negative test 2 weeks ago. She did leave after an hour due to being sick, but she’s been coughing the past 2 weeks. She’s the receptionist and it’s pretty much just her and me working there and everyone else is remote

Pics ?

First tested positive 3-4 weeks ago, had a negative test 2 weeks ago. She did leave after an hour due to being sick, but she’s been coughing the past 2 weeks. She’s the receptionist and it’s pretty much just her and me working there and everyone else is remote

My 39 year old colleague had COVID in September and she still coughs constantly. And she’s very tired all the time.

I use to cough all the time because I was living in a single wide trailer that didn’t have heat covered in black mold. How much you paying her?

I use to cough all the time because I was living in a single wide trailer that didn’t have heat covered in black mold. How much you paying her?

$7.25/hr but subway is catered for lunch everyday

Or just this whole Omicron thing isn't always mild, as rafi points out.

Last edited:
Mild means not hospitalized and not in danger of death. There is a whole range of feeling shitty below that

Feel like we kinda just glossed over this? That’s rough bro.

Feel like we kinda just glossed over this? That’s rough bro.

Not ideal after I moved to Asheville. I had a class C misdemeanor or something so I couldn’t live in more normal apartments.

The oil furnace broke and the landlord tried putting in this propane thing, but I was so scared it would burn the house down I used the stove and space heaters.

Edit to say it was the worst misdemeanor, I got caught with a weed pipe and pleaded guilty without a lawyer. That apparently was like having heroine needles.

I had a class C misdemeanor or something so I couldn’t live in more normal apartments.

Did you get turned away? In PA you have the right to an appeal if you think you've been turned down for renting because of a criminal record. Sometimes that is enough to get landlords to ease off - especially if you can present supporting ev (letters, transcripts, paystubs, etc.) that you're good to pay in tandem with your threat of an appeal.

(I know none of this helps you now, but it's just fresh on my mind.)

Edit to say it was the worst misdemeanor, I got caught with a weed pipe and pleaded guilty without a lawyer. That apparently was like having heroine needles.

Wow. That sucks man. Really sorry you had to go through that.

Did you get turned away? In PA you have the right to an appeal if you think you've been turned down for renting because of a criminal record. Sometimes that is enough to get landlords to ease off - especially if you can present supporting ev (letters, transcripts, paystubs, etc.) that you're good to pay in tandem with your threat of an appeal.

If I had the right to appeal it wasn’t shared with me. Shit I got turned down from an apartment in Austin in 2015 because of it, fortunately I had other options then. I got the ticket in 2008.

I decided to look into some options on my car insurance today. Collision is like $800/6 months w/ $1,000 deductible. Before this supply chain craziness, my car was only worth around $12k, so I did the maths and just cancelled paying for Collision, and would be willing to risk it, but now that it's worth more like $18k its a closer call cause my wife is the main one driving it and she rides people's asses. Then just in researching all things came across what insurance would be if you got a DUI and the answer is like $7,000/yr lol. Just gonna Uber everywhere and never risk that shit.

I decided to look into some options on my car insurance today. Collision is like $800/6 months w/ $1,000 deductible. Before this supply chain craziness, my car was only worth around $12k, so I did the maths and just cancelled paying for Collision, and would be willing to risk it, but now that it's worth more like $18k its a closer call cause my wife is the main one driving it and she rides people's asses. Then just in researching all things came across what insurance would be if you got a DUI and the answer is like $7,000/yr lol. Just gonna Uber everywhere and never risk that shit.

what insurer do you use and how many miles a year do you guys drive that car?

Ask Jake for the plama deal.

I know multiple people who have gotten DUI's and they said it was a 2.5 to 3x increase in their insurance for 2 years. Fuck that shit.

Back