• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

there definitely seems to be anti-mask judging around here. like I've gotten comments when I've gone to stores about buying into the hoax, living my life in fear, etc. I agree if Trump actually supported wearing a mask and did it himself the people who are against mask wearing (non-politically Trump supporters) we wouldn't be in quite this predicament.

My mom said the same thing about Winston. She's in her 60's so she's been very conscientious about the virus since she's in a more vulnerable age group and said that a lot of people have stopped wearing masks to stores and out in general which scares her.

Serious question as I haven’t been in a restaurant since Februaryish. Do people wear masks while they are eating and remove for each bite/sip? Seems like the mask wouldn’t be helpful at all. No chance I eat inside for some time.

I've been to dozens of restaurants. Some people (like me) walk in with a mask, but once I'm seated, the mask comes off to feed my fucking fact. Finish meal, mask goes back on until I have to clean off my wife's boyfriend's dick.

The ramping up of testing, manufacturing, and contact tracing was a huge failure in an area that conservatives complain about all the time and what Trump brags about all the time, and that's too many regulations and cutting regulations. When regulations needed to be sidestepped and throw caution to the wind the government agencies just continued to plod away with the same rules they always do. Its a huge oversight in why South Korea was able to be so successful, it wasn't just good government response, it was also the removal of government from certain aspects.

there definitely seems to be anti-mask judging around here. like I've gotten comments when I've gone to stores about buying into the hoax, living my life in fear, etc. I agree if Trump actually supported wearing a mask and did it himself the people who are against mask wearing (non-politically Trump supporters) we wouldn't be in quite this predicament.

Do you respond at all? I keep hearing about this but haven't seen or experienced it personally.

I've been to a few bars and restaurants in Charleston and have always sat outside without a mask. Mask wearing among staff and wipedowns, etc. definitely depends on management - some places are doing a great job and some are business as usual. A couple of the better dives haven't opened at all - i assume they are riding out with PPP and hoping to avoid the problems with reopening and having to shut down again.

Do you respond at all? I keep hearing about this but haven't seen or experienced it personally.

I've been to a few bars and restaurants in Charleston and have always sat outside without a mask. Mask wearing among staff and wipedowns, etc. definitely depends on management - some places are doing a great job and some are business as usual. A couple of the better dives haven't opened at all - i assume they are riding out with PPP and hoping to avoid the problems with reopening and having to shut down again.

I'd be interested to see how much longer they have on PPP, I know a lot of businesses up here who received PPP funding hit their cap for the original loan within the last week or two which puts a lot of them in awkward spots.

Why did they even write an article on that? I would give that lady absolutely no platform.

I'd be interested to see how much longer they have on PPP, I know a lot of businesses up here who received PPP funding hit their cap for the original loan within the last week or two which puts a lot of them in awkward spots.

You're going to see unemployment surge in the next 30 days.

I couldn't even read the entire article because the WRAL website is so bad but how is a mask a sign of control? Again, this is just people using politics to be an asshole.

You're going to see unemployment surge in the next 30 days.

Yeah no joke. That's why the last job numbers were ridiculous overall (and as evidence that we don't need any more federal assistance): 1) PPP was largely why a lot of these jobs existed, 2) people have stopped looking for work short term so they don't count as unemployed, 3) it doesn't include workers whose hours were decreased.

no I don't want to risk getting shot or something.

I couldn't even read the entire article because the WRAL website is so bad but how is a mask a sign of control? Again, this is just people using politics to be an asshole.

Masks are how the economy will come back. That’s really what we as individuals can do.

I think the proper response in this situation is a very loud cough followed by "do what now?"

If we all wore masks, properly distanced, etc. and vigorously tested/traced and selectively isolated then we could actually open up pretty vigorously with a good bit of reality-based confidence.

Unfortunately, our dear leader believes he determines reality by speaking it into existence...conning himself and 40 percent of our gullible population in the process. Unfortunately it’s a “reality” to which the virus remains ignorant and/or indifferent.

When somebody asked why I wore a mask I told them I lived with a frontline worker at MUSC. That got her away pretty quickly. Total lie, but shows you how quickly they go from "this is BS" to "oh damn".

Serious question as I haven’t been in a restaurant since Februaryish. Do people wear masks while they are eating and remove for each bite/sip? Seems like the mask wouldn’t be helpful at all. No chance I eat inside for some time.

Ate in a restaurant last week. They sat us at the bar. Tables were removed and bar seats blocked off. Plenty of distancing. Reservations only. Also had plexiglass shields at the bar. Employees all wore masks. Felt very safe.

Update on the daughter. Symptoms continue to include low-grade fever, body aches and headache. Now include stomach ache and a weird thing where one eye is all red and swollen. She feels extremely weak and basically passed out on her floor for a few minutes (she has always had a history of passing out - low blood pressure). Otherwise she is in decent spirits and the Tylenol continues to help. She can't eat anything but is drinking Gatorade. She is able to kid around about the whole situation at this point, so that is progress beyond the tearful phone calls we were having.

EamXYVxVcAAdW8P

Back