• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Definitely not fun dealing with this from a distance. You feel so helpless.

She was a new child after receiving fluids, zofran and something from the stomach cramping at the hospital. They were still evaluating her and, depending on her lab results, will likely send her home this afternoon... For someone else that asked, she is 23, healthy and in good shape - but does have a terrible diet, doesn't drink enough and, as a result, has a history of stomach issues and low blood pressure anyway.

glad that she's feeling better! I hope that the worst of it has passed!

Definitely not fun dealing with this from a distance. You feel so helpless.

She was a new child after receiving fluids, zofran and something from the stomach cramping at the hospital. They were still evaluating her and, depending on her lab results, will likely send her home this afternoon... For someone else that asked, she is 23, healthy and in good shape - but does have a terrible diet, doesn't drink enough and, as a result, has a history of stomach issues and low blood pressure anyway.

I am in Greenville and things are a bit of a shitshow here. There was a line of 50+ outside my neighborhood's urgent care this morning. I'm assuming / hoping it's a lot of contact testing as our daily positive tests have actually decreased the past two days. The no-mask culture is strong here but I've noticed some improvement since we are a legit hotspot now and everyone is hearing about positive cases.

I had no idea that BBD and Rafi were MDs or practicing physicians before this thread.

Yeah, the super sleuths on here determined I worked for Ron Wellman, despite me clarifying many times that I had nothing to do with the athletic department. I think it has something to do with a certain group of people that love conspiracy theories (non-politically speaking, of course).

I don't want to wear a mask because it's inconvenient and makes it so I can't see other people's faces. Wearing a mask is not a default position for me. I don't want to do it.

Am I doing it? Yes. Do I perceive it as a burden? Yes. Do I want to wear it as little as possible? Yes.

Agree 100%. I hate it. But it's something I do so we have a functioning society.

Yeah, the super sleuths on here determined I worked for Ron Wellman, despite me clarifying many times that I had nothing to do with the athletic department. I think it has something to do with a certain group of people that love conspiracy theories (non-politically speaking, of course).

Now we know you're his proctologist.

He probably should’ve seen a neuropsychiatrist instead, given how the last few years went

Austin is actually pretty solid with the masks. You leave Travis county tho and it's an absolute shitshow.

color me shocked that Knight immediately jumped in to defend toxic masculinity.

I work in a hospital and wear a mask 8 hours a day, and every staff member I see and patient I treat are wearing a mask as well. You get used to it. You'll be fine.

Yeah it's kind of annoying but I'm completely used to it. If I don't leave the house with a mask now it's like I don't have my wallet or keys.

Grownups gotta do things they don't want to

It is sad how we refuse to implement the practices that defeated SARS and MERS: widespread testing, tracing, isolation, masks. We stubbornly insist on re-learning everything from scratch.

One of my friends posted this on Facebook about their experience:

"Wes and I have tested positive for COVID-19. We are quarantined at home with the girls. Thankfully, the girls don’t have any symptoms. It’s all been very stressful and frustrating, but we are focusing on the positive, praying for quick recoveries and thankful for mild cases.

We will never know how or when we contracted the virus. Please don’t ask.

I went to urgent care on 6/6 with sinus pressure and chest congestion, something I get every year around this time. I was treated for a sinus infection and not tested for the Rona. Wes started sinus infection symptoms on Sunday, 6/7. He was fine by Monday, but on Thursday night, 6/11, lost his sense of taste and smell with the sinus pressure back. He went to urgent care on 6/12 and was tested. Results came back positive on 6/13. I was tested on 6/14 and got the results on 6/17. Neither one of us ever had a fever or any severe symptoms. Neither of us currently have any sense of taste or smell, but other than that we feel fine.

It's so frustrating because we've truly self isolated, not gone out, wiped down groceries, etc."

Anyone have comfortable mask recommendations? I initially wore gaiter type masks, but that’s not happening in the summer. Currently wearing a mask that certainly isn’t comfortable or fit well.

Anyone have comfortable mask recommendations? I initially wore gaiter type masks, but that’s not happening in the summer. Currently wearing a mask that certainly isn’t comfortable or fit well.

You can make your own pretty simply out if blue shop towels. They are available at many big box hardware and supply stores. The come in rolls like paper towels. Only blue, and made of non-woven fabric.

Fold the towel into 3/4 - 1 inch pleats. A small piece of wire about four inches long goes over the nose and is bent to fit the shape of the wearer's nose. Rubber band stapled to the ends go around the ears. Or staple ribbons or string and tie behind the head.

A small (#1 size) paperclip is the right size for the wire. (19 gauge to 24 gauge) Size 32 or slightly bigger rubber bands fit most people. I have worn these for three hours without any issues.

There are U-tube videos on making these.

Wickedsheets.com makes good ones

MAGA+MASK.jpg

Non political of course.

Back