• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

C-19 is not real, masks don't work, i can't breath in them, I woke up in America today

fell free to add any mouth-breather's responses on why they don't wear masks...

You're breathing in your own CO2 which us bad.
Masks are muzzles.

2&2, can you comment on this study too? They didn't use survey monkey, so that is good I guess, but they are Italians so therefore eat a lot of pasta and shell fish...so who knows, right?

They also released the findings of their study in July on the "long-term" effects of something that, according to #science and the #experts, has been around for a max of about 9 months. I'm going to discount the opinion of anyone who thinks that qualifies as "long-term".

Why do you write authoritatively on these topics when your knowledge of them is minuscule? Ask yourself the following - do you know what an echocardiogram is? Have you looked at one before? Do you know how to interpret one? Do you know the sensitivity or limitations of an echo for the detection of heart disease? Do you know what an ejection fraction is, how it is calculated, or what a normal ejection fraction is? Do you know the typical symptoms of heart disease, including artery disease, valvular, and congestive heart failure? Do you know the atypical symptoms? Can you name the valves of the heart? Do you understand right vs left heart failure?

These questions, for which you do not know the answer, could go on forever. And they are very pertinent to truly understanding this study. Yet despite having essentially no knowledge of what was done in this study, you write authoritatively. And even worse, you do not even bother to try to read the study and learn something. You're a blowhard.

Because their knowledge relative to the actual virus is not any better than mine, as has been proven over and over during this pandemic. Pretty much everything the #science and #experts have said since January has either gone in circles or been wrong or self-contradicting. So no, I'm not putting much credibility in whatever clickbait they come out with from week to week.

It is clear what a fearmongering racket it is just by the nature of the mandates. Wear a mask. Socially distance / isolate. Slather yourself in sanitizer. But nowhere are the non-mutually-exclusive basic tenants of health emphasized. Eat fruit and vegetables. Get an hour of high heart rate cardio each day. Go outside and breathe fresh air. Given the higher impact of the virus on those with poor health conditions, those mandates should be equally as important. But #science and the #experts completely ignore them. Why isn't it "wear a mask and eat healthy"? "Socially distance and stop eating fast food?" "Wash your hands and exercise daily?" Because that doesn't fit the agenda that everything bad is always someone else's fault. "You gave me the Rona because you didn't wear a mask", instead of "I caught the Rona because you weren't wearing a mask and it sent me to the hospital because I haven't eaten an apple in 13 years".

They also released the findings of their study in July on the "long-term" effects of something that, according to #science and the #experts, has been around for a max of about 9 months. I'm going to discount the opinion of anyone who thinks that qualifies as "long-term".

They did not use the term "long term" in their study. Not once. They correctly referred to "persistent symptoms." In fact, the last sentence of their conclusion states that studies monitoring for long-term side effects are needed. Here's the study https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768351. Educate yourself and stop being a simpleton.

Because their knowledge relative to the actual virus is not any better than mine, as has been proven over and over during this pandemic. Pretty much everything the #science and #experts have said since January has either gone in circles or been wrong or self-contradicting. So no, I'm not putting much credibility in whatever clickbait they come out with from week to week.

It is clear what a fearmongering racket it is just by the nature of the mandates. Wear a mask. Socially distance / isolate. Slather yourself in sanitizer. But nowhere are the non-mutually-exclusive basic tenants of health emphasized. Eat fruit and vegetables. Get an hour of high heart rate cardio each day. Go outside and breathe fresh air. Given the higher impact of the virus on those with poor health conditions, those mandates should be equally as important. But #science and the #experts completely ignore them. Why isn't it "wear a mask and eat healthy"? "Socially distance and stop eating fast food?" "Wash your hands and exercise daily?" Because that doesn't fit the agenda that everything bad is always someone else's fault. "You gave me the Rona because you didn't wear a mask", instead of "I caught the Rona because you weren't wearing a mask and it sent me to the hospital because I haven't eaten an apple in 13 years".

Good god this is the height of stupidity. You have no insight whatsoever. There is no evidence, none, that eating fruit and vegetables, getting exercise, or breathing fresh air has any impact on coronavirus. Masks, distancing, and hand washing do help prevent the spread of COVID19 and other viruses, and there is a mountain of evidence to support these steps.

This man made it back alive from Myrtle Beach. I trust him more than Fauci right now.

The long-term effects of COVID-19, even on people who suffered a mild infection, could be far worse than was originally anticipated, according to researchers and doctors in northern Italy.

Psychosis, insomnia, kidney disease, spinal infections, strokes, chronic tiredness and mobility issues are being identified in former coronavirus patients in Lombardy, the worst-affected region in the country.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ZmSF-c2YTAK_rqLIm8wJl8c2-7uky-ZYOeiqVXNfAm1tM

2&2, can you comment on this study too? They didn't use survey monkey, so that is good I guess, but they are Italians so therefore eat a lot of pasta and shell fish...so who knows, right?

They did not use the term "long term" in their study. Not once. They correctly referred to "persistent symptoms." In fact, the last sentence of their conclusion states that studies monitoring for long-term side effects are needed. Here's the study https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768351. Educate yourself and stop being a simpleton.

Noted. The authors are the #experts, and Birdman is the simpleton. Fair compromise.

Good god this is the height of stupidity. You have no insight whatsoever. There is no evidence, none, that eating fruit and vegetables, getting exercise, or breathing fresh air has any impact on coronavirus. Masks, distancing, and hand washing do help prevent the spread of COVID19 and other viruses, and there is a mountain of evidence to support these steps.

So your position is that someone in poor health with preexisting conditions is not more likely to suffer serious effects, hospitalization, and/or death from Covid than someone in better health? Do I understand you correctly?

So your position is that someone in poor health with preexisting conditions is not more likely to suffer serious effects, hospitalization, and/or death from Covid than someone in better health? Do I understand you correctly?

No, you do not understand anything correctly.

Improving your health through a good diet, exercise, etc. is important, but it is a long term process and would not have immediate effects to protect you from COVID. Washing your hands, wearing a mask, and socially distancing provide immediate protective effects to help reduce your risk. That is the difference.

Improving your health through a good diet, exercise, etc. is important, but it is a long term process and would not have immediate effects to protect you from COVID. Washing your hands, wearing a mask, and socially distancing provide immediate protective effects to help reduce your risk. That is the difference.

The restrictions started in March. It is now mid-July. Depending on what #science you believe, roughly 1% of the US population has been infected. You don't think that the other 99% could have made health improvements over the course of 4.5 months to put them in a healthier position and less-susceptible to major issues should they contract it?

CMS is going to have a week or so of orientation and then everyone is going online indefinitely This school board and superintendent are incompetent in every way.

Nobody under age 20 in Mecklenburg County has died of Covid, according to county data.

Dr. Catherine Ohmstede, a pediatrician with Novant Health, told school board members Wednesday that of the 15,000 children under age 18 who have been tested for Covid-19 within the Novant system, 2,000 have tested positive. Only 10 have been admitted to the hospital, she said, and nine of those children went home quickly.

https://charlotteledger.substack.co...Q.se0_3xQk94UDC9vGtS-ngoHQZI1UAeelYXkMW0XrAew

i really don't understand this one.

I assume they want the initial in-person time to establish relationships with teachers, and then they want to switch to online to prevent a large surge of COVID patients throughout Charlotte. Seems like a reasonable approach. For the schools that are going back to in-person schooling in NC, there are going to be outbreaks and it will all get switched to virtual, so this is just getting ahead of things.

Yeah, Wake County is going to a one week on/two weeks off model. I think CMS is admitting they don't know WTF they're doing and they're afraid of being blamed for any uptick in the disease, even though it's rolling through Charlotte pretty good right now and everyone I know under 80 is doing just fine.

Yeah, Wake County is going to a one week on/two weeks off model. I think CMS is admitting they don't know WTF they're doing and they're afraid of being blamed for any uptick in the disease, even though it's rolling through Charlotte pretty good right now and everyone I know under 80 is doing just fine.

Well, if everyone you know is doing just fine, then we should be set!

Listen, there is no mystery here regarding the epidemiology of COVID19. Social distancing prevents the spread, and when we moved from phase 1 to 2, the spread increased. Increased spread will lead to increased hospitalizations, which will lead to increased deaths. There is no mystery at all as to why Miami and Houston are currently in terrible shape. Classrooms will have outbreaks, teachers will be quarantined, and no substitute teacher will come to that classroom. So schools will shut down - it's inevitable. So the most practical approach is to admit this, and make the best plans possible for virtual school for this semester (and likely the year).

Back