• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina is Awesome

Without Ohio the Wright brothers would not have been so inspired to escape as quickly as possible, thus inventing air travel.

The Chadbourn Chamber of Commerce concurs.

They're still recuperating from putting on the Strawberry Festival a couple of weeks ago. They had Miss North Carolina, carnival rides (which means carnies) and uh, the Kiwanis Club maybe?

Yeah basically once you get past the OB they all suck. Why would anyone consider DE a beach destination? But I grew up on the FL Panhandle so I'm a huge beach snob, though I always did enjoy visiting the NC beaches as a kid.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about. The DE beaches have something for everyone. Being 21-26 and going to Dewey Beach is fun as hell. Great boardwalks and beaches for families. The beaches are 2 1/2 hours from DC, Baltimore and Philly.

Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about. The DE beaches have something for everyone. Being 21-26 and going to Dewey Beach is fun as hell. Great boardwalks and beaches for families. The beaches are 2 1/2 hours from DC, Baltimore and Philly.

Been there. Nah.

Milhouse is unsurprisingly also wrong about Baltimore. It's a very underrated city. It has great historic neighborhoods, the Inner Harbor, NFL and MLB teams, and stellar restaurants. Baltimore is a great mid size city. It's no DC or NY, but it doesn't try to be. To each their own. If you want a city that looks like it was built two years ago, move to CLT. The Northeastern cities are different.

delaware boy likes baltimore. there's a stunner

Baltimore is one of the best places for healthcare in the country. The city is a lot more than the Wire. The Wire gave the city a bad rap. I used to hate on Baltimore before I spent a lot of time there. Its a nice place.

i've been to rehoboth beach in delaware and it was very nice IMO. probably prefer it over a lot of the NC coast

Milhouse is unsurprisingly also wrong about Baltimore. It's a very underrated city. It has great historic neighborhoods, the Inner Harbor, NFL and MLB teams, and stellar restaurants. Baltimore is a great mid size city. It's no DC or NY, but it doesn't try to be. To each their own. If you want a city that looks like it was built two years ago, move to CLT. The Northeastern cities are different.

what does this have to do with baltimore?

delaware and maryland are the worst.

I'm as big an NC homer as any, but I have family in MD, NJ & PA and there are things to like about Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia and yes, even the Jersey shore (not the show). I wish I could speak for MD by saying visit the Chesapeake Bay, but it's been ruined by waste and chemical runoff from all the nearby cities. My grandparents used to live on an offshoot of the Bay and it was one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I've ever been.

I've been to Rehoboth Beach too, I was young but I remember thinking it was pretty great.

Milhouse is unsurprisingly also right about Baltimore. It's a very underrated city. It has great historic neighborhoods, the Inner Harbor, NFL and MLB teams, and stellar restaurants. Baltimore is a great mid size city. It's no DC or NY, but it doesn't try to be. To each their own. If you want a city that looks like it was built two years ago, move to CLT. The Northeastern cities are different.

FTFY

Used to be a good city. My sister used to live down by Camden and we had some great times there. Now it has gone south and not in a good way. Get a block our two away from the Inner Harbor and it is not good. Also take note of the recent beatings by "youths" in the area. Wire was a great and accurate series.

To add:

Char Grill
Bojangles
Wilbers
The Jolly Knave ( I know it is gone)
Crazy Zacks (I know it is gone)
Beaufort
NC State tailgating (I get this is y'alls board, but still a great time...:))
Beach music festival in Emerald Isle (is this gone?)
Sand bar party (is this gone?)

And currently living in Ohio, I say fuck all of these folks who try to claim the first in flight deal. And fuck the Buckeyes hard.

Sunset Beach
Calabash seafood
Lexington BBQ
Anything at Dewey's in WS or Krispy Kreme
Blue Ridge Pkwy
Buena Vista
Friendly folks
Low housing prices
BB & T on a beautiful October afternoon scarfing BKF's liquor stash

FTFY

Used to be a good city. My sister used to live down by Camden and we had some great times there. Now it has gone south and not in a good way. Get a block our two away from the Inner Harbor and it is not good. Also take note of the recent beatings by "youths" in the area. Wire was a great and accurate series.

I live about two and a half miles from the Inner Harbor and I'm in a perfectly safe and awesome area.

Back