• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Northeast States for Vacation

Lots of good suggestions on here.

One I haven’t seen yet is Newport, RI. Depending on traffic, you’re probably only 4 hours from NYC.

Newport used to be the Hamptons of the Gilded Age and is arguably one of the most beautiful locations in the country. And it really has everything...incredible history, great beaches, sailing, golf, bars and restaurants, shopping. Can’t recommend it enough.

Has the Ocean House, which is a pretty baller resort.

Burlington, VT is one of my favorite places that I've ever spent significant time. Great little place that is amazing in the summer months. You won't have a bad meal or a bad beer there.

Lots of good suggestions on here.

One I haven’t seen yet is Newport, RI. Depending on traffic, you’re probably only 4 hours from NYC.

Newport used to be the Hamptons of the Gilded Age and is arguably one of the most beautiful locations in the country. And it really has everything...incredible history, great beaches, sailing, golf, bars and restaurants, shopping. Can’t recommend it enough.

Was in Newport this past weekend for a wedding (first time)
Went up a few days early with the wife to take a mini-vacay, it was very nice.
The Cliff walk is very cool, especially the bottom half when it gets rocky, and of course the Mansions are ridiculous
Didn't have a bad meal while I was there either.
I think Newport is definitely worth a few days, it's only a $40/35 minute Uber from PVD

Burlington, VT is one of my favorite places that I've ever spent significant time. Great little place that is amazing in the summer months. You won't have a bad meal or a bad beer there.

Yeah, second this. North/Central Vermont is great.

I’ve been to Newport a bunch since it’s such a short drive from Boston but it always seemed better suited for a day trip or quick overnight. The mansions are AMAZING and something I really never got tired of doing but it didn’t seem like there was all that much more to do there. Good food for sure and I personally also enjoyed the tennis hall of fame though that is obviously a specific interest. Just my opinion.

Totally agree. My wife is from there and I spent six years near there for residency. It's Unbeatable in the warmer months. Just brutal in the colder months. Spend time on Lake Champlain. Drink a heady topper. Go to magic hat and switchback brewery. Enjoy

Back