• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Northwestern Athletics Scandals

Kinda naive of me to say, but pretty shocked about this coming from NWestern. Always thought of them as our Big10 analogue (and Vandy for the SEC). If an elite academic school has this kind of crap going on, is anyone pure?

I assume the asinine justification is that the only way to keep up with Ohio States and Michigans is to go to extremes to try (stupidly) to extract better performance from your players. Instead of building a program properly by hiring, I don’t know, a Dave Clawson.

i assume variations of this are going on at every school in the country, including Wake.
Maybe not to the level of sexual assault but what's the line? Is it fair to make someone who is horribly terrified at public speaking get up in front of a team to do a skit or sing a song ?

i assume variations of this are going on at every school in the country, including Wake.
Maybe not to the level of sexual assault but what's the line? Is it fair to make someone who is horribly terrified at public speaking get up in front of a team to do a skit or sing a song ?

I would certainly hope so.

Looks like Skip Holtz is going to be the Jim Grobe in this situation... But I guess not actually coaching.

I am surprisingly that there wasn't public announcement of at least some assistant coaches being fired. Maybe I just missed the announcements?

It would be reasonable to expect that the various position coaches should have been closer to the players and should have even more likelihood of knowing that hazing was happening and exactly what activities were included.

ETA:
OC (QBs coach) and O-line coach have been there since 2018. WRs coach arrived in 2023. Other assistants have blank (or non-loading) bio pages.

Last edited:
I am surprisingly that there wasn't public announcement of at least some assistant coaches being fired. Maybe I just missed the announcements?

It would be reasonable to expect that the various position coaches should have been closer to the players and should have even more likelihood of knowing that hazing was happening and exactly what activities were included.
you haven't missed it. the whole thing is a sham

Imagine being cool with rubbing dicks on dudes and wearing a shirt claiming to be the victims.

Guess their journalism professors have not been by for a how to not do bad PR lessons

Back