• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nothing about the UK Elections?

The SNP also was highly mobilized by the referendum. And it all fed off each other -- fear of the SNP being in power was something Cameron played up and ultimately played a huge role in getting him re-elected as prime minister. However that negative talk ticked Scottish people off and made them more motivated to vote SNP

So Cameron did what Netanyahu did with respect to the Palestinians.

Ed Miliband is an absolute idiot which was a large part of Labour's problem.

But, but, but Ed Miliband is now partying ... errr thinking about Labor's future ... on Ibiza, with his wife. (A nice gesture, but why go to Ibiza with your wife?) Go figure. Maybe in today's Britain it is better to lose.

"He told the BBC the leadership had allowed itself to be portrayed as "moving backwards".

There was "absolutely no point" blaming voters for Labour's defeat, he added.

But Mr Miliband, who was beaten to the job of leader by his younger sibling in 2010, also said the two of them would "remain brothers for life".

He ruled himself out of becoming the party's next leader, which would not be possible as he is not an MP."

Such a clown

So Cameron did what Netanyahu did with respect to the Palestinians.

Which of the SNP's allies rejects England's right to exist?

A system of proportional representation would have left the Scottish nationalists with far fewer seats, not that I am advocating that and neither will the Tories.

Proportional representation is much better than first past the post. I don't like UKIP but they got something like 11% of the vote and got one seat.

Proportional representation is much better than first past the post. I don't like UKIP but they got something like 11% of the vote and got one seat.

LOL at proportional representation being the talking point all of the protesters are pushing. If you don't like the result of the game, just change the rules.

I hope the politicians in Europe man up and deal with their immigration problem. Maybe it will cause some of our politicians to grow a spine as well.

LOL at proportional representation being the talking point all of the protesters are pushing. If you don't like the result of the game, just change the rules.

I hope the politicians in Europe man up and deal with their immigration problem. Maybe it will cause some of our politicians to grow a spine as well.

What do you mean "man up"? Immigration has been a tremendous part of Europe's success over the past half century, and is absolutely essential to it's survival over the next 50. Immigrants are largely young, work hard and pay taxes - as opposed to the older native populations which are working less and drawing far more in benefits. With the low child birth rates, Europe is facing stagnation and crippling benefits bills from aging populations. Europe BADLY, BADLY needs more immigrants. The nationalist, anti-immigration wave on the continent right now is incredibly short sided and "cut my nose off to spite my face" level of stupid.

A very detailed study by King's College London listed it in stark detail for the UK - and it's pretty much similar for the rest of Europe:

The positive net fiscal contribution of recent immigrant cohorts (those arriving since 2000) from the A10 countries amounted to almost £5bn, while the net fiscal contributions of recent European immigrants from the rest of the EU totalled £15bn. Recent non-European immigrants’ net contribution was likewise positive, at about £5bn. Over the same period, the net fiscal contribution of native UK born was negative, amounting to almost -£617bn.

Great insights, vad.

What do you mean "man up"? Immigration has been a tremendous part of Europe's success over the past half century, and is absolutely essential to it's survival over the next 50. Immigrants are largely young, work hard and pay taxes - as opposed to the older native populations which are working less and drawing far more in benefits. With the low child birth rates, Europe is facing stagnation and crippling benefits bills from aging populations. Europe BADLY, BADLY needs more immigrants. The nationalist, anti-immigration wave on the continent right now is incredibly short sided and "cut my nose off to spite my face" level of stupid.

A very detailed study by King's College London listed it in stark detail for the UK - and it's pretty much similar for the rest of Europe:

Of course, unless the immigrants are really, really stupid it does not take them long to learn how to work less, have more bastard children and draw benefits like a native.

Of course, unless the immigrants are really, really stupid it does not take them long to learn how to work less, have more bastard children and draw benefits like a native.

lol

I don't have a dog in the race. In my opinion proportional representation is an inherently better system than first past the post.

Are you serious? The "immigrants" gain citizenship because their countries were colonized, raped of resources, and left for dead...."bastard children"..."natives" are you fucking kidding me? Have you ever been to the UK?

People in Europe are pissed because immigrants are working too hard and singing too loudly in church. It has nothing to do with the spike in violent crime or the disproportionate use of public resources.

People in Europe are pissed because immigrants are working too hard and singing too loudly in church. It has nothing to do with the spike in violent crime or the disproportionate use of public resources.

Imperialist Europeans killed them so bad they fled to, to, to Europe, a place where they could get them some welfare.

May not be worth your time to debate, vad #density

Back