• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Game Officially 8 PM on ABC

True but there are tons of Notre Dame fans across the country. NBC doesn't broadcast their home games because the love the Catholic church.

Yeah but exposure to just ND fans doesn't mean anything. We want the media and recruits paying attention which they will not. Primetime games typically mean extra exposure, in this case it will be less than at 3:30.

Once Bama starts blowing the doors off of LSU, fans will turn over to our game.

We have not faired well at night this year. Even G-W, I felt we played poorly.

Purdue-Wisconsin is the 330 ABC/ESPN2 reverse mirror game. Michigan Iowa is ESPN 12noon game.

I think we are going be 745 ESPN2 national coverage based on that.

Purdue-Wisconsin is the 330 ABC/ESPN2 reverse mirror game. Michigan Iowa is ESPN 12noon game.

Yup, agree. They won't show ND opposite Purdue-Wiscy.

I think that's what they did for ND at Purdue earlier in the year.

We have not faired well at night this year. Even G-W, I felt we played poorly.
True, but its hard to tell how Notre Dame will take this game. I doubt they are looking at this as one of the biggest games of the year (like we are); probably see it as what should be a reasonably comfortable win.

So is this game time every going to get announced? And who the hell announces it?

I'd love for us to have a series with ND going forward. Hopefully Hatch can pull some more strings and get it going.

Agreed. I think Hatch may be able to get ND back to Winston-Salem.

Big 12 and Big 10 have been announced and a noon start on ESPN or ESPN2 is off the table. They also have 2 3:30 games with Purdue-Wisky getting the reverse mirror so not sure they'd put our game in that time slot either. Only primetime that has been announced so far is one Big 12 game at 8 on ABC.

To sum it up: night kickoff looking more and more likely.

Last edited:
The Blimp

The GOODYEAR blimp has requested service facilities at Smith Reynolds !

Back