• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame national championship

york1313

Reaction score
Does the Irish winning the title help or hurt the ACC? If they were somehow snubbed from the title game I could see where they would feel the need to join the conference in football. Or would the prospects of 5 ACC schools playing them each season be enough to raise the quality of ACC football even if it was a nonconference game? Not sure what to root for with the ND situation.

Does the Irish winning the title help or hurt the ACC? If they were somehow snubbed from the title game I could see where they would feel the need to join the conference in football. Or would the prospects of 5 ACC schools playing them each season be enough to raise the quality of ACC football even if it was a nonconference game? Not sure what to root for with the ND situation.

Both. Makes it even less likely that ND football settles down any time soon, but raises the profile of our partnership.

3 undefeated teams and ND being left out of the nat champ game would have been a huge statement to fully join the conference.

Will help a little.

BTW, FSU beating Florida, and Clemson beating S. Carolina would help more as that would give the ACC 3 teams (counting ND) playing in BCS bowls.

FSU + Clemson BCS money + Maryland buyout =
prod_521_37798.gif

How does revenue sharing work now that Maryland has started their exit?

Will help a little.

BTW, FSU beating Florida, and Clemson beating S. Carolina would help more as that would give the ACC 3 teams (counting ND) playing in BCS bowls.

Assuming FSU hasn't announced they're leaving for the Big 12 and Clemson hasn't said they're moving to the SEC by then.

FSU will go to a BCS regardless if they beat UF or not. They are going to win the ACC Championship.

Also, this happened:

A8KL1bzCAAIijXE.png:large

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch a ND/SEC national championship game. It's the equivalent of a Duke/UNC ACC Championship game.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch a ND/SEC national championship game. It's the equivalent of a Duke/UNC ACC Championship game.

The only reason I would watch is to see ND lose. Invariably, they would win and I would end up feeling like a piece of shit.

I think it would help the ACC though I agree that it probably makes it unlikely they would become full members anytime soon. I don't see them beating Alabama but you only have to win one game against them so you never know.

Back