• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame tickets?

They are going to be freaking out about just trying to get everybody through the gates.

You have a point about the buyer.

Though now that I think about it, if somebody wants to give me $800 for my two adult tickets, I will roll the dice on trying to use the kids tickets myself.

Scalpers will buy them to match up with an adult ticket for dad/son combos. You may not be able to sell them before gameday but you'll get $$$ in the lot for them.

To the sellers, if you need the cash to pay the rent that's one thing but for a big bar tab and a gadget or two . . . I don't know. Memories are priceless. If you need the money that's one thing but if you don't, why sell? ND at home . . . pretty special, imho.

Argument blows up if we run off five Ls in a row at which point the promise of emotional torment justifies the sale!

Though now that I think about it, if somebody wants to give me $800 for my two adult tickets, I will roll the dice on trying to use the kids tickets myself.

I'd think you could still buy season tickets. I bought them the week before the NCSU game. I mean I'm 10-15 rows from the top of section 2, but it was $159 for all of them. ND game tickets alone are going for that much.

Yeah, buying 2 season tickets isn't really an option for me. I'm in med school, and it's the only game that fits with my class and exam schedule. I also don't exactly want to deal with the extra hassle of selling tickets to the other games just to break even.

I figured I'd try my luck on the boards just in case someone knows they won't be able to go (and hasn't already put their tickets up for sale to make a massive profit). If nothing reasonably priced comes up, then I'll just watch it on TV. For me at this point, it's one of those things if I do find something reasonable then great, but if not, I'll get to catch up on studying.

Yeah, buying 2 season tickets isn't really an option for me. I'm in med school, and it's the only game that fits with my class and exam schedule. I also don't exactly want to deal with the extra hassle of selling tickets to the other games just to break even.

I figured I'd try my luck on the boards just in case someone knows they won't be able to go (and hasn't already put their tickets up for sale to make a massive profit). If nothing reasonably priced comes up, then I'll just watch it on TV. For me at this point, it's one of those things if I do find something reasonable then great, but if not, I'll get to catch up on studying.

I think his point was that you could either spend (roughly) $159 for a single game ticket to Notre Dame, or you could spend $159 for a season ticket and good karma by giving away the rest to some buddies/coworkers/etc.

Does the med school still do the student lottery?

I think his point was that you could either spend (roughly) $159 for a single game ticket to Notre Dame, or you could spend $159 for a season ticket and good karma by giving away the rest to some buddies/coworkers/etc.

If I were in an area where people cared about the Deacs and I could easily get rid of the tickets, I definitely would have done that. But, since I'm accumulating quite a bit of debt, season tickets just aren't worth the extra expense for me right now.

AIR, although a widely believed +-40,000 ( 3-4,000 via fraudulent tix ) attended that infamous Vtech game, the official all-time record crowd for Groves was the UNC game several years ago....37,500 somethin'.

That was achieved in part with two 1200-seat temporary bleaches flanking the now gone old scoreboard on Deacon Hill.

With this new behemoth video board, dunno if there's enough room now to bring back those temp bleachers for the ND game....thoughts ?

BTW, wonder what precautions RW will have in place for those inventive Hokies this time, eh ?:naughty:

AIR, although a widely believed +-40,000 ( 3-4,000 via fraudulent tix ) attended that infamous Vtech game, the official all-time record crowd for Groves was the UNC game several years ago....37,500 somethin'.
What a fiasco that was.

I have a friend selling 4 in sideline 17 for $160 each. Much better than prices I've seen elsewhere.

market has been busted:
just recivied an email from the Deacon Club:
Buy either a ND or VT ticket for $135.00, then get your choice of 2 more from among FSU, MD or Vandy.
Sounds like they are having trouble selling tickets for the "Greatest Home Schedule Ever"

No idea about the availability but Deacon Club just sent a much cheaper ND option.

market has been busted:
just recivied an email from the Deacon Club:
Buy either a ND or VT ticket for $135.00, then get your choice of 2 more from among FSU, MD or Vandy.
Sounds like they are having trouble selling tickets for the "Greatest Home Schedule Ever"

Last week they weren't even selling VT tickets. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Last week they weren't even selling VT tickets. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Some alumni (non-season ticket holders) I've talked to said that they had to purchase VT tickets through the alumni association...$50/ticket and they couldn't chose where they wanted to sit, couldn't even select East/West side. That's a great way to treat alumni. But, I guess they are at least lucky enough to be able to get tickets to homecoming.

Some alumni (non-season ticket holders) I've talked to said that they had to purchase VT tickets through the alumni association...$50/ticket and they couldn't chose where they wanted to sit, couldn't even select East/West side. That's a great way to treat alumni. But, I guess they are at least lucky enough to be able to get tickets to homecoming.

Could be wrong but I thought this is what the Bridger bleacher seating was for, no ?

Back