• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Travel Thread

Walk to Linebacker after bball game. It will be packed late Friday night. I'd recommend Brothers for game. They will accommodate you by putting game on whatever TV you want & then you can walk to other spots like O'rourke's & LInebacker after.

Yea, this sounds like the best plan. The Backer will be packed with people on Friday night, but if you get there at a decent time you should be able to get in fine.

I'll be leaving Chicago around noon tomorrow. Should be at Brothers for the Wake Forest-UConn game. Soon afterwards I'll be at Notre Dame Freddy B's (the Backer) getting my drink on.

Anyone taking the 840am train from Chicago @ Millennium Station to SB?
My bro and I will be on it, probably bring a few drinks.

Be careful with the 8:40 train - apparently there has been lots of problems on the South Shore line this year, so expect delays.

So which station should I take from Chicago (staying near Water Tower Place)? And which stop do you get off in South Bend?
Take the Red Line at Chicago South to Lake. Exit the train and head East on Randolph over to Michigan. Head downstairs and get on the South Shore Line train at Millennium Station. That train departs at 8:40 and expected in at the South Bend Airport at 12:10 and is the end of the line.

Everyone coming into Chicago for the game should also remember that Chicago is in the Central Time Zone while South Bend is in the Eastern Time Zone, so adjust your travel accordingly.

I'll be leaving Chicago around noon tomorrow. Should be at Brothers for the Wake Forest-UConn game. Soon afterwards I'll be at Notre Dame Freddy B's (the Backer) getting my drink on.

Are you driving or taking the train?

I'm in Chicago now and was planning on a train at some point this afternoon.

Are you driving or taking the train?

I'm in Chicago now and was planning on a train at some point this afternoon.

I'm driving over with the fiancee, and we're staying at her friend's house there in South Bend. Will probably just chill this afternoon, but i'll be at Brothers tonight for the game.

I'm driving over with the fiancee, and we're staying at her friend's house there in South Bend. Will probably just chill this afternoon, but i'll be at Brothers tonight for the game.

Looks like Brothers is right next to the Fairfield Inn that I'm staying at. On the train now and will be to SB at 4. Ill be at Brothers around 6ish with my parents and hopefully TITSWF. Should be a good time.

Looks like Brothers is right next to the Fairfield Inn that I'm staying at. On the train now and will be to SB at 4. Ill be at Brothers around 6ish with my parents and hopefully TITSWF. Should be a good time.

See you guys there. We're making chili at the house right now but we got started late. I may not get there until mid way through the 1st half.

Hope everyone had a great time! Did you get to see alot of people crying and sing along with the alma mater, watch the senior victory lap? The "spirit of Notre Dame" is amazing, isn't it?

Sure am glad that I passed on this trip. I'd rather have root canal then to travel to see that cluster of a shut-out.

As you can say about most Wake road games, it was a great time except for the game. Well worth it to walk around campus and see the game and the atmosphere first hand. Best pure football experience I've had.

Back