• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now its Duke's turn.

Union pay scale.

Yeah I don't really think she gave the kid 30k but I read somewhere she was a supervisor, would be surprised if she doesn't pull in close to six-figures

nobody thinks that but duke fan losers

All sorts of fun to laugh about but,unfortunately, nothing even purporting to indicate wrong-doing on K-bag. I cannot abide the man, but I have no reason to believe that K is dirty.

I could bear up finding out that I was mistaken...

The 30K isn't even the issue, fact is Thomas was given a 68 thousand dollar "credit" he was supposed to pay back in 15 days, and the jewelry store didn't file suit for 2+ years. How and why was a college basketball player given 68 thousand dollars in credit for jewelry? If Ohio State players can't sell autographs for tattoos, there is no damn way basketball players are allowed to receive 70 thousand dollars in jewelry from strangers.

I doubt the NCAA would allow Travis McKie to go over to the Masarati Dealership on Stratford and pay 5 grand for a hundred thousand dollar car.

The 30K isn't even the issue, fact is Thomas was given a 68 thousand dollar "credit" he was supposed to pay back in 15 days, and the jewelry store didn't file suit for 2+ years. How and why was a college basketball player given 68 thousand dollars in credit for jewelry? If Ohio State players can't sell autographs for tattoos, there is no damn way basketball players are allowed to receive 70 thousand dollars in jewelry from strangers.

This is exactly right. Doesn't matter if K/Duke had nothing to do with it. If the allegations are true, it means that Thomas should have been ineligible from Dec. 21, 2009 onward.

Krzyzewski is the omnipotent power overseeing all that falls in the realm of Durham. And no one, with the best interests of the program in mind, pulls him aside and whispers a hint of this? Possible, I guess.

Krzyzewski is the omnipotent power overseeing all that falls in the realm of Durham. And no one, with the best interests of the program in mind, pulls him aside and whispers a hint of this? Possible, I guess.

Sort of like suggesting that JoPa didn't know anything at Penn State... It's not the same, but it is the same.

I still can't get past the fact that they named a Center on Ethics after him in the Biz school.
http://cole.fuqua.duke.edu/about/team/scholars.html

The NCAA is showing their true colors these days by refusing to touch anything at UNC that academically may lead to problems for UNC basketball...now on TWO separate occasions. Hopefully the press continues to press them on both the UNC and now this Duke issue until they are forced to do their job. The NCAA Tourney cash cows aren't getting the same treatment as the BCS cash cows.

ncb_a_lance-thomas_mb_600.jpg

Back