• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now this is RICH; not as rich as the criminal Clintons but close

this is funny. I used to live in a similar building about a block away.

i assume that in order to live there you can't possibly actually spend time enjoying the bocce court or the pools and that's why there are zero visible people

Either one would be better than I live in Fairfax VA with a 10 year old laptop and sit by BSF all day stealing wifi in a dilapidated Subway Garaghty.

TAB is a good friend IRL, yet even some of his #hottakes make me want to smack him upside the head.

Yeah, NYC has around 2.5% of the US population and around 10% of its homeless population. And what is really awful is that almost half those are kids.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/20/nyc-homeless-population-reaches-historically-tragic-number/

The number of homeless people in city shelters has exceeded 60,000 for the first time in history, official data revealed Wednesday.

There are now 60,017 individuals being put up by the city — 36,463 adults and 23,554 children — according to the Department of Homeless Services’ “daily report” posted on its Web site.

The agency took credit for predicting the increase, saying that it would increase its efforts to stem the growth.

“As we projected several weeks ago, the shelter population census today reached 60,000,” said agency spokeswoman Lauren Gray.

“We will continue doubling down on the de Blasio administration’s prevention and anti-eviction programs that allowed us to cut the trajectory of growth from the 67,000 originally projected.”

Almost 25 fucking thousand homeless children in the richest city in the country.

Back