• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NSA sharing raw intelligence with Israel, including American's phone calls/emails

No it really wasn't. The collection of raw data was likely inevitable with the leaps in technology. The conscious choice to share raw data with another country that could use that data in vendettas against our own citizens has nothing to do with what kind of technology is out there. If Israel wants to spy on our citizens, then they should figure out their own damn way to do it instead of getting it from OUR OWN GOVERNMENT.

There was no mention of this story in the New York Times, which I find extraordinary. Their "public editor", who looks into matters of journalistic integrity at the Times, comments.
Many Times readers have been writing to me for several days about a story The Guardian broke last week, describing how the United States routinely shares with Israel intelligence information that the National Security Agency gathers on American citizens.
After a weekend in which no mention was made in The Times of the article, I asked the managing editor, Dean Baquet, about it on Monday morning.

He told me that The Times had chosen not to follow the story because its level of significance did not demand it.

“I didn’t think it was a significant or surprising story,” he said. “I think the more energy we put into chasing the small ones, the less time we have to break our own. Not to mention cover the turmoil in Syria.”
I disagree, however, with Mr. Baquet’s conclusion on this one. I find it to be a significant development and something that Times readers should not have to chase around the Web to find out about. They should be able to read it in The Times.
http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/16/guardian-story-on-israel-and-n-s-a-is-not-surprising-enough-to-cover/?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Good point. Who is Israel giving or selling this data to?

We need to chat about how much money you are spending on Amazon. I know you have Amazon prime but that doesn't mean you have to keep buying shit all the time.

Back