• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

(NST) - I hope everybody has eaten at Chic Fila today (kiss in day)

24288293.jpg

You are on fire, sir.

and you know this how?

Steels peeps. But he looked in the wrong house in Atlanta.

This is nothing more than the right of free speech. Just like Ben & Jerry giving to all their causes. Nobody protests their ice cream

Has anyone ever said that Cathy didn't have the right to say what he did? I haven't seen anyone say that.

Steels peeps. But he looked in the wrong house in Atlanta.

This is nothing more than the right of free speech. Just like Ben & Jerry giving to all their causes. Nobody protests their ice cream

An ice cream company founded by two life long "buddies"?

Fudge.jpg

Reff you didn't answer my question. You said Rusty supports traditional marriage because he's married and has kids. When I get married next year will my views automatically change so that I too shun gay marriage?

Don't see in that statement where they support gay marriage. I do see where they support gays eating at Chick-Fil-A.

Play both sides. That's the way to go. Should have made the statement today though.

My opinion has been clear from the beginning, he can say whatever he wants just like I can boycott whoever I want if I don't agree with funding bigotry. Free speech is not at issue here, no one that I've heard from who has been critical of Chick Fila is saying otherwise. Free speech is just what people want the issue to be so it's not solely about coming to terms with being anti- gay people or homophobic. Is this not the case?

Don't see in that statement where they support gay marriage. I do see where they support gays eating at Chick-Fil-A.

Play both sides. That's the way to go. Should have made the statement today though.

Limiting the message to just "Supporting gay marraige" is really missing the bigger point in that it's about equal rights, marriage just happens to be one of those rights. I don't know how you can claim be open and accepting of anyone, and yet still choose to deny them equal rights.

It isn't and hasn't ever been about free speech. The easiest ways to rationalize one's fears of those different than they are and shield oneself from accusations of bigotry are to hide behind texts (The Bible, Constitution, Our Founders... whatever is relevant to your pre-existing beliefs) and jump to the support of others when they express your own privately held views publicly, usually by changing the issue and/or playing the martyr card. Anything to keep from shouldering the responsibility of your backwards, outdated opinions.

By now it's just bigots waving flags and eating chicken.

I love reading these online stories and the public commentary that follows. People, in general, are really dumb. So many references to "God's word," yet I'm fairly certain many of them follow those words whenever convenient. Great, great stuff.

People, in general, are really dumb.

i agree...didn't Cathy also do a backhanded bitch-slap of divorcees also?

"we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that...we know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

let me translate..."buy my fucking chicken you stupid American hypocrites!"

While a million peeps yesterday went to Chic Fil a in the long run this has to be bad for business. Alienating a large portion of possible customers is never a good idea. I'm glad he opened his mouth about this because eventually it will mean less money for him and his "causes".

Back