• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama Directs Racist Insurgents to Take Over This Thread

What Haas happened in Iraq?

CNN and the NYT already reporting Iraq needs or is "asking" for air strikes.

We'll see just how much the President wants to avoid opening up another war.

Losing Baghdad would be a catastrophic blow for any president right now considering the history and investment sunk in Iraq by the U.S. Barack is pretty bankrupt foreign affairs wise and the media will feel this loss more because many of them reported on the ground during combat operations in Iraq.

Should be interesting in a morbid type of way.

The extent of the Iraqi army's defeat at the hands of militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (Isis) became clear on Wednesday when officials in Baghdad conceded that insurgents had stripped the main army base in the northern city of Mosul of weapons, released hundreds of prisoners from the city's jails and may have seized up to $480m in banknotes from the city's banks.

Iraqi officials told the Guardian that two divisions of Iraqi soldiers – roughly 30,000 men – simply turned and ran in the face of the assault by an insurgent force of just 800 fighters. Isis extremists roamed freely on Wednesday through the streets of Mosul, openly surprised at the ease with which they took Iraq's second largest city after three days of sporadic fighting.

Senior government officials in Baghdad were equally shocked, accusing the army of betrayal and claiming the sacking of the city was a strategic disaster that would imperil Iraq's borders.

The developments seriously undermine US claims to have established a unified and competent military after more than a decade of training. The US invasion and occupation cost Washington close to a trillion dollars and the lives of more than 4,500 of its soldiers. It is also thought to have killed at least 100,000 Iraqis.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/11/mosul-isis-gunmen-middle-east-states

CNN and the NYT already reporting Iraq needs or is "asking" for air strikes.

We'll see just how much the President wants to avoid opening up another war.

Losing Baghdad would be a catastrophic blow for any president right now considering the history and investment sunk in Iraq by the U.S. Barack is pretty bankrupt foreign affairs wise and the media will feel this loss more because many of them reported on the ground during combat operations in Iraq.

Should be interesting in a morbid type of way.

How the Fuck is this on bho?

jim, how is it a "loss?" What did we lose other than money, time, resources, and human lives that another conflict won't get back?

What were we supposed to do, besides build a permanent puppet state in Iraq? As long as the Iraqi people are unwilling to defend themselves from insurgent forces, there was no possibility of a traditional military victory.

Think about all the good we could have done with that money. Such a colossal waste.

Can we just get rid of this racist douchefor good? He adds nothing.

Read the thread about my family/friends helping poor black kids w/ tutoring and ph attacking us.

And the Sterlings gave millions to the NAACP. It didn't stophim from being a racist, nor do the actions of others around you mitigate your overt and continuing racism.

Their deeds don't absolve your words and actions.

And the Sterlings gave millions to the NAACP. It didn't stophim from being a racist, nor do the actions of others around you mitigate your overt and continuing racism.

Their deeds don't absolve your words and actions.

Hahaha

So the perception of some tool online should stop us from helping people.

Read the thread about my family/friends helping poor black kids w/ tutoring and ph attacking us.

Do you want the local NAACP to give you and your family/friends awards for being goodly white folks? The more you bring this up, the more clear it is that you're seeking credit and good feelings rather than actually trying to help kids.

What were we supposed to do, besides build a permanent puppet state in Iraq? As long as the Iraqi people are unwilling to defend themselves from insurgent forces, there was no possibility of a traditional military victory.

Think about all the good we could have done with that money. Such a colossal waste.

Yes and yes.

It's a waste of time and resources to force democracy on countries that either don't want it or need it. We're struggling to figure out democracy ourselves. It's not a finished product we can just pass on. I hope Obama keeps listening to the American people. We don't want more wars. Let people criticize his foreign policy and call it feckless or whatever. He's done a good job keeping us out of harms way and that's the most important thing he can do abroad right now. The economy isn't shit and we're ending the wars he inherited. Don't let this drag us back in.

Do you want the local NAACP to give you and your family/friends awards for being goodly white folks? The more you bring this up, the more clear it is that you're seeking credit and good feelings rather than actually trying to help kids.

I actually posted it because I think it's a great idea and something everyone can get involved with either as a donor, a mentor or a tutor especially at a place like WFU with our alumni base.

I did it in Bridgeport CT and enjoyed it. You're just a racist creep. Whitey ain't the problem. The bloodz and cryps are.

Well you didn't act like a racist douche bag in person did ya

No but I did deal with that same issues that you attacked me for. You can call me a racist all you want but I work hard for two charities to help black kids (one in Newark, one in Liberia) not because I'm a guilty ass cracker or want some award but because I hope I can help. Maybe, you can too.

Back