• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama Directs Racist Insurgents to Take Over This Thread

Yes and yes.

It's a waste of time and resources to force democracy on countries that either don't want it or need it. We're struggling to figure out democracy ourselves. It's not a finished product we can just pass on. I hope Obama keeps listening to the American people. We don't want more wars. Let people criticize his foreign policy and call it feckless or whatever. He's done a good job keeping us out of harms way and that's the most important thing he can do abroad right now. The economy isn't shit and we're ending the wars he inherited. Don't let this drag us back in.

What the hell is going on in the world today? I agree with PhDeac.

Our surge was a failure and was always going to be one. The only reason they stopped shooting at us was because we bribed. Once the bribes stopped, the shooting was inevitably going to start up again.

The stunningly idiotic thing is that morons like Boehner want us to get back in there and pay for propping up the Iraqi regime at the price of American lives. Once again we go in head-first into a quagmire that is thousands of years old than the US has even been a country and try to impose our will. E-goddamned-nough.

Our surge was a failure and was always going to be one. The only reason they stopped shooting at us was because we bribed. Once the bribes stopped, the shooting was inevitably going to start up again.

lol. Just, wow. RJ doth speaketh. You hear that, all? The surge was just some bribes.

Oh, and FWIW bribes do work. That Camp David Accords thing that you like to prattle on about from time to time was a pretty big one.

The stunningly idiotic thing is that morons like Boehner want us to get back in there and pay for propping up the Iraqi regime at the price of American lives. Once again we go in head-first into a quagmire that is thousands of years old than the US has even been a country and try to impose our will. E-goddamned-nough.

That is stunningly idiotic, but I'm surprised we didn't maintain some small presence outside of population centers there so that we could strike precisely in times such as these. Not necessarily with troops, but with focused strikes directed by those troops who are closest to the action.

That is stunningly idiotic, but I'm surprised we didn't maintain some small presence outside of population centers there so that we could strike precisely in times such as these. Not necessarily with troops, but with focused strikes directed by those troops who are closest to the action.

So... continue delaying the inevitable? It's guerrilla warfare. No uniforms, no large-scale troop movements, no identifiable army, insurgents indistinguishable from LIPs. Sound familiar? Hint: Saigon. Not one more American soldier should die there. We can no longer insist on putting a round stick of democracy in a square hole of cultures or theocracies that don't want it.

lol. Just, wow. RJ doth speaketh. You hear that, all? The surge was just some bribes.

Oh, and FWIW bribes do work. That Camp David Accords thing that you like to prattle on about from time to time was a pretty big one.

That's basically what is came out to being. The only lasting results are abject failures.

The only lasting results are abject failures.

And a shitload of now-wealthy locals courtesy of the DOD, CIA, or Haliburton. The billions we can't account for aren't lost- they've just been "misplaced."

BKF, you have to also recognize that both Clinton and most certainly Obama's administrations have engaged in war-hawking/mongering too. If you're laying shit at the doorsteps, be credible and admit that it crosses party lines.

And Obama has done a lot of fucked up things, positives aside. And in LBJ's case, there's more than just Vietnam to put aside, but he certainly left a positive legacy in many areas.

This is why I am still pissed...and will always be pissed....at Bush/Cheney & his NeoCon cronies like Wolfowitz & Perle. And why I've said that while Bush & Cheney may be gone, their administration is far from over.

This is the way this shit-show was always going to end...or not end, which might be more accurate. There was never any hope that we could accomplish anything with military action in Iraq......anything positive, at least.

Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle and about 20 other architects of that war should all be tried for treason and executed. This nation needs its own Nuremburg.

hyfZTjc.jpg

So... continue delaying the inevitable? It's guerrilla warfare. No uniforms, no large-scale troop movements, no identifiable army, insurgents indistinguishable from LIPs. Sound familiar? Hint: Saigon. Not one more American soldier should die there. We can no longer insist on putting a round stick of democracy in a square hole of cultures or theocracies that don't want it.

The photographs of black clad militants in a long phalanx of vehicles would seem to suggest otherwise.

Bush signed a status of forces agreement that we would be gone by 2011. Obama tried to get a new one signed, but Iraq insisted it would try our guys for any crimes under Iraqi justice system. DOD and Obama decided that was BS and pulled out in 2011, per the agreement Bush signed.

The photographs of black clad militants in a long phalanx of vehicles would seem to suggest otherwise.

Wearing black is now a uniform? I'll notify the Cash family. Those vehicles are dirty, random, ramshackled, and/or taken from the leftovers of America's interventions. No, nothing about a guerrilla war suggests anything other than it's part of the social fabric, not an organized military structure.

Back