• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama granted citizenship to 2500 Iranian during Nuke deal

Survey says: fake news (the real kind)

I'm shocked.

Dubious Fox News article appears to have sparked Trump attack on Obama

Jeff Prescott, the former senior director on Obama's National Security Council, called Trump's allegation "absurd and entirely false."

Prescott shared with CNN immigration data from the Department of Homeland Security which showed that the number of Iranians naturalized in the United States over the course of the Obama and Bush administrations was relatively consistent.

"There was no connection between the Iran nuclear deal and immigration policy," Prescott added.
The unsubstantiated claim first gained attention with a Monday story on Fox News' website that relied on the word of an Iranian cleric who is also a member of the country's parliament.

The article, written by Chris Irvine, a Fox News senior editor, cited an Iranian news agency that cited an Iranian newspaper that quoted the single Iranian cleric, who said the Obama administration provided citizenship to 2,500 unidentified Iranians during nuclear deal negotiations.
The article itself quoted, toward the end of the story, the network's own commentator, former Obama State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf, saying, "This sounds like totally made up BS." The story said the Department of Homeland Security and State Department declined to comment, and that a representative for former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson could not be reached.

Prior to the Fox News article, the claim had not received any noticeable attention from the US media.
But after Fox News published its story, other outlets, primarily in the conservative media space, published similar stories. Those outlets included The Daily Mail, The Gateway Pundit, and TownHall.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/07/03/media/fox-news-trump-obama-iran-deal/index.html

So Moonz posts fake news and sailor agrees with it. Seems about right. It’s almost as if Trump/Fox are just throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks.

Does anybody take sailor moonz seriously except BKF and maybe Angus?

sailor moonz reputations are so bad that anytime they post anything, my immediate response is "bullshit". Sometimes I'm wrong and what they post is worthwhile in some small sense, but most of the time my initial instinct is right.

Does anybody take sailor moonz seriously except BKF and maybe Angus?

Only as a bellwether for the crank right. Helps me to understand what conspiracies/arguments some of my friends and family will make during our next conversation on politics.

So hat tip to both of them for keeping me educated on the real fake news and how to argue against it.

Only as a bellwether for the crank right. Helps me to understand what conspiracies/arguments some of my friends and family will make during our next conversation on politics.

So hat tip to both of them for keeping me educated on the real fake news and how to argue against it.

This is accurate for my far RW family too. It’s always Obama’s fault. I got an email today from one member sending a long from Conservative Tribune (?) about how the IG report proved the “fbi got caught red handed” lying about the the Lynch/Clinton tarmac meeting.

This is accurate for my far RW family too. It’s always Obama’s fault. I got an email today from one member sending a long from Conservative Tribune (?) about how the IG report proved the “fbi got caught red handed” lying about the the Lynch/Clinton tarmac meeting.

Haha oh man I bet you are referring to the conservative treehouse. I will probably get the same one later this week.

Haha oh man I bet you are referring to the conservative treehouse. I will probably get the same one later this week.

No it’s some far RW site called Western Journalism and Conservative Tribune is under their umbrella. This family member sends articles from there all the damn time. Half the time I try to read them just to get a gauge on their thinking I get pop ups and ads that make it unreadable. It’s terroble and horrifically biased but they think it’s “news” aka reporting what the MSM isn’t 😐

I have seen several posts from both conservative tribune and conservative tree house from some peripheral facebook friends. Luckily my parents are still sane-they watch too much cnn, but there are much worse problems that I could have.

Back