• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama is leaving a Democratic Party in shambles

I'm gonna wear a safety pin even though I was a Trump supporter. Gonna be perpetratin.

Thanks. I'm guessing Townie and MDMH are wearing them- anyone else? Have any minorities given you guys a thumbs up or high five for being cool white people who are down with the cause?
I'm not wearing one, but my wife and her co-workers at the hospital are.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Cute idea but also a self-serving one in the way of "man, I'm such a good person"

Cute idea but also a self-serving one in the way of "man, I'm such a good person"

kind of like soccer fans with their scarves and kits and songs, right

it's a small gesture but in a world where no one's sure of their place in culture, it's a way to show people where you stand and find strength in community

Hard to imagine someone confiding in another person just because they see a safety pin. Definitely leans more "self serving".

I can't wait until an NFL player wears one and Goodell fines him. That should be good for public discourse.

kind of like soccer fans with their scarves and kits and songs, right

it's a small gesture but in a world where no one's sure of their place in culture, it's a way to show people where you stand and find strength in community

I don't wear a kit to think I'm a good person. I don't think anybody does that.

What a weird analogy.

I don't wear a kit to think I'm a good person. I don't think anybody does that.

What a weird analogy.

that's because wearing the pin isn't to "be a good person"

it's about participating in a community of like minded people

As I said, it is cute and since there is no harm in it, have at it. I hope you are right that it does build a sense of community, but I just don't see it.

i don't find it to be a particularly effective strategy, either, but I get why people do it

Unsurprising that you would have a problem with the safety pins. I suppose you believe that anyone who feels unsafe in Trumps America should just fuck off?

I'd like to think I have more empathy than that..

But.. after the histrionics subside, it'd be nice if someone these folks trusted would suggest they grow up a little .. maybe start thinking for themselves and stop letting older, wiser agenda-driven 'adults' spoon feed their politics to them....

Speaking of things Obama is leaving in shambles, how about the USMNT? Jurgen is 1 foreigner who needs to go.

It's the signal for someone being an ally for minorities.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I swear to Obama, we just had an election that you guys blew solely for being insufferable, self-important blowhards.

WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS.

I swear to Obama, we just had an election that you guys blew solely for being insufferable, self-important blowhards.

WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS.

wait but maybe

maybe it's because we didn't wear our safety pins enough before the election

but seriously it's always the most homonormative blowhards that get the most butthurt by social fads like this, ice bucket challenge, lance armstrong yellow bracelets, etc.

wgaf

safety pins?

robert-de-niro-cape-fear.jpg

Back