• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama is leaving a Democratic Party in shambles

Anyway, back to the article. I can see how the ACA may have rubbed people the wrong-way, but to try to characterize the bailout, stimulus, and Dodd-Frank as overreach by Obama just reinforces the point that GWB could have lit the White House on fire on his way out the door and people would still blame Obama for it. What would the conservative response have been?

Homonormativity is a word that addresses the problems of privilege we see in the queer community today as they intersect with White privilege, capitalism, sexism, transmisogyny, and cissexism, all of which end up leaving many people out of the movement toward greater sexual freedom and equality.

Junebug, the fact you can't understand it is about your ignorance.

But I'll dumb it down for you...

According to vampire lore, you can scare them away with garlic and a crucifix. Do you understand this?

Thus, if you are already wearing a crucifix, and are worried about running into a vampire, having some garlic in your pocket could be helpful in keeping vampires away.

basically, people dislike groupthink-y social fads because they think they're too "look at me" or because they think people are just doing it to fit in or make themselves look good

my contention was that the people most butthurt about social fads are typically the most group-thinky types to begin with

like the goth kids on south park making fun of conformists

basically, people dislike groupthink-y social fads because they think they're too "look at me" or because they think people are just doing it to fit in or make themselves look good

my contention was that the people most butthurt about social fads are typically the most group-thinky types to begin with

hejustkepttalkingandtalkinginoneincrediblylongunbrokensentencemovingfromtopictotopicitwasreallyquitehypnotic

Junebug, the fact you can't understand it is about your ignorance.

But I'll dumb it down for you...

According to vampire lore, you can scare them away with garlic and a crucifix. Do you understand this?

Thus, if you are already wearing a crucifix, and are worried about running into a vampire, having some garlic in your pocket could be helpful in keeping vampires away.

He was responding to isGO

Check time stamps.

i think you are overthinking it

i think you are overthinking it

that's typically the case

gonna go all socio-technologist but:

it seems like to me every single thing in the culture these days gets parsed so immediately and extremely instead of just letting things be or develop or take shape

there's an extreme, immediate response from group A that says "Thing X is the best!" and group B that says "Thing X is the worst!" and group C that says "People who care about Thing X are the worst!" and group D that says "People who care about people who care about Thing X are the worst!" and then a few Milhouses going "meh"

that's all i was really talking about, not making a value judgment on safety pins whatsoever

What do you mean by homonormativity?

people who adhere strictly or closely to sociological norms

i wasn't educated in this newfangled era of "cis" and generally get lost in acronyms and stuff, so normativity is what i'm familiar with

my point was that getting up in arms about something people choose to wear is dumb

if they wanna wear a safety pin or a make america great again hat, let em, don't just dismiss it offhand because it doesn't fit what you think a person's uniform/outfit should look like

poking fun isn't the same as getting up in arms

I swear to Obama, we just had an election that you guys blew solely for being insufferable, self-important blowhards.

WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS.

it's been suggested that self-importance is why dems lost the election

clearly people are pretty up in arms about something

in some cases, it's just small differences they don't like, such as people telling them they aren't allowed to use words they once used, or seeing two dudes kissing at the mall, whatever

I swear to Obama, we just had an election that you guys blew solely for being insufferable, self-important blowhards.

WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS.
I get that you and your party don't care about issues specific to minority groups, you don't need to keep repeating it. You all seem to be having a lot of success just catering to white people, so your strategy makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Like people who wear American flag pins making fun of people who wear safety pins.

Back