• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ObamaInterview on 60 Minutes

The ONLY factor that led to escape was that Franks, Runsfeld and W REFUSED the military's request for reinforcements. We had his walkie talkie and knew where he was.

W realized if we killed OBL at Tora Bore there wouldn't have been an Iraq War and they desparately wanted a war in Iraq as was shown in Frumm's book as well as Woodward's. Neither of which were disputed by anybody in the Adminsitration.

I saw it on this documentary, which the sample video showcases what you're talking about (but a simple reading of it on the internet shows it was more complicated).

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/final-report/2772/Overview#tab-Overview

For starters, listen to any one of his speeches containing references to taxation on small businesses (including his references in the SOTU). Each one contains blatant inaccuracies or outright lies, depending on your point of view. In general, show me a speech of his and I will show you inaccuracies and/or lies. As I have mentioned before, the guy is an absolute idiot on certain subject matters, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that he simply doesn't understand his information as opposed to intentionally lying about it. Either way, it isn't worth my time to listen to him.

are you shitting me? You made the assertion that the man is such a liar that you can't watch interviews/speeches, then you turn around and want me to do the leg work and find them???? haha that's rich. I'm not saying he isn't lying but the onus is on you, the one griping about it, to fucking prove it on the message board. come on man, we've all been here for a long time doing this, just make your point with facts.

There are several books (including two people who were on the ground) wsho said all Franks, Rummy and W had to do was send in the support they asked for. Remember we werfe listening to OBL directly.

There are several books (including two people who were on the ground) wsho said all Franks, Rummy and W had to do was send in the support they asked for. Remember we werfe listening to OBL directly.

I recognize your opinion on that issue, i'm more focused on what I was trying to bring up. While that particular operation may be untrue (you can decide after hearing the story, the show airs at 3 ET today on Nat Geo), a former c.i.a official said there were 10+ chances to get OBL during the Clinton Presidency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/10/terror/main635038.shtml

Is he considering the one from Sudan as one of his ten?

Is he considering the one from Sudan as one of his ten?

"Scheuer also claims that the CIA had more opportunities to capture or kill bin Laden that has been reported previously. He says there were 10 such chances between May 1998 and May 1999. It was not clear who decided not to take those chances."

The timeline suggests that these chances all happened after he was expelled from there.

Have you read Dalton Fury's Kill Bin Laden?

are you shitting me? You made the assertion that the man is such a liar that you can't watch interviews/speeches, then you turn around and want me to do the leg work and find them???? haha that's rich. I'm not saying he isn't lying but the onus is on you, the one griping about it, to fucking prove it on the message board. come on man, we've all been here for a long time doing this, just make your point with facts.

I did that plenty of times on the old board over the past few years, and I don't recall you ever disproving me. Excuses, certainly, but never any disproof. I even gave a detailed breakdown during his campaign BEFORE he was elected explaining why the no tax increases for those making less than $250,000 was BS given the rest of his agenda; and then circled back two or so years later to show exactly why everything I had said had come to fruition.

There have been no federal tax incrfeases on those making less than $250,000.

Who were you on the other board?

I recognize your opinion on that issue, i'm more focused on what I was trying to bring up. While that particular operation may be untrue (you can decide after hearing the story, the show airs at 3 ET today on Nat Geo), a former c.i.a official said there were 10+ chances to get OBL during the Clinton Presidency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/10/terror/main635038.shtml

I've seen the history channel special on those opportunities. Clinton tried to kill him multiple times in many different ways, as did Bush, as did Obama.

I did that plenty of times on the old board over the past few years, and I don't recall you ever disproving me. Excuses, certainly, but never any disproof. I even gave a detailed breakdown during his campaign BEFORE he was elected explaining why the no tax increases for those making less than $250,000 was BS given the rest of his agenda; and then circled back two or so years later to show exactly why everything I had said had come to fruition.

How about you pic a speech and dissect it for us?

Why don't you enlighten us on who you were on the old board

Can you go get that for me and post it here? thanks in advance I'm not saying you didn't, I swear, I just don't remember such an exchange.

Why don't you enlighten us on who you were on the old board

2and2 Slider To Leyritz. I would have assumed the same name here, but I (mistakenly) thought that this board was a joke and would fade out after a few days. Kudos to the founders. I would paste those old posts, but I don't know how to search on the old boards. In any event, I broke down how depreciation and other pass-through items that he proposed to adjust on LLC and S-Corp returns would result in direct immediate tax increases for small business owners making far less than $250,000. So he was taking exact opposite positions within about 2 minutes of each other in same speeches. Needless to say, his inaccuracies have waterfalled from there.

2and2 Slider To Leyritz. I would have assumed the same name here, but I (mistakenly) thought that this board was a joke and would fade out after a few days. Kudos to the founders. I would paste those old posts, but I don't know how to search on the old boards. In any event, I broke down how depreciation and other pass-through items that he proposed to adjust on LLC and S-Corp returns would result in direct immediate tax increases for small business owners making far less than $250,000. So he was taking exact opposite positions within about 2 minutes of each other in same speeches. Needless to say, his inaccuracies have waterfalled from there.

hi 2and2

if you get a chance break it down again. I'll read it

2and2 Slider To Leyritz. I would have assumed the same name here, but I (mistakenly) thought that this board was a joke and would fade out after a few days. Kudos to the founders.

you can add your old board name as your location since most of us are dumbasses and won't remember this.

It looks like the mods were able to switch it, which is more kudos to this board.

W&B, the simplest example is a single-owner LLC who has depreciable equipment (think of a self-employed plumber or concrete guy who has to buy tools and a work truck). By reducing the amount of allowable depreciation that the guy can take in a given year, taxable income is directly increased. And that applies whether the guy's income is $50,000 or $500,000, and to all pass-through taxation deductions that Obama wanted to reduce/eliminate.

It looks like the mods were able to switch it, which is more kudos to this board.

W&B, the simplest example is a single-owner LLC who has depreciable equipment (think of a self-employed plumber or concrete guy who has to buy tools and a work truck). By reducing the amount of allowable depreciation that the guy can take in a given year, taxable income is directly increased. And that applies whether the guy's income is $50,000 or $500,000, and to all pass-through taxation deductions that Obama wanted to reduce/eliminate.

:thumbsup:

I'm not following, are you referring to Obama's "instant write off" on capital investments?

The bonus depreciation was already in place during his campaign. He wanted it to disappear but while also stating that nobody under $250k would see a tax increase, which is where the stupidity/deceit came into play.

Back