• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

923, the Senate didn't vote mostly on political pressure. They voted on cherrypicked data that was not reflective of the situation. They were intentionally misled.

And we know Obama's administration is not cherry picking data how exactly? Still waiting on that link you must have to the "overwhelming evidence" that Assad ordered the attacks...

And yet somehow, a guy named Barack Obama was able to withstand all the pressure and lies and do what was, in retrospect, the right thing, and it got him elected president.

Obama wasn't a Senator at the time.....

[/B]

Yeah, me too. Wonder what gives?

What "gives" is the data was shown to Members of Congress not the general public. Not a single member who has seen the information has said it's false or created by the Administration.

Who gives a fuck? This is penny-ante shit. We started a goddamned 10-year, $2 trillion war with 170,000 troops with no fucking evidence at all.....and you voted for the guy who did it after you knew what he had done. So why do you give a shit about some nit-picking thing like this?

I like lamp.

On Iraq/Bush:
923, the Senate didn't vote mostly on political pressure. They voted on cherrypicked data that was not reflective of the situation. They were intentionally misled. The vote in the Senate regarding was fixed by W. Some would have voted for the war no matter what the truth was. For many, the lies and lack of full date led them vote in a way they wouldn't have had they all the information that was available as well as knowing the Atta story and other so called confirmed input were flat out, orchestrated lies.

Under the circumstances, the Senate vote was totally meaningless.

so why not vote against it, then

Because they didn't know this until after the vote.

On Syria/Obama:
What "gives" is the data was shown to Members of Congress not the general public. Not a single member who has seen the information has said it's false or created by the Administration.

David Ignatius wonders about the panic over Obama

Quote:
----------
WASHINGTON -- How did it happen that less than a year after Barack Obama convinc-ingly won re-election, his every move as president now draws hoots and catcalls from nearly every point on the political spectrum?

Perhaps his Syria policy really is a story of "epic incompetence," as Charles Krauthammer opined last week. Maybe he has an "unbelievably small" presidency, as Marc Thiessen commented, or that no one is afraid of him, as Ruth Marcus argued. And that's just a sampling of opinion from my colleagues at The Washington Post.

What's puzzling about this latest Obama-phobia is that recent developments in Syria have generally been positive from the standpoint of U.S. interests. Obama has accomplished goals that most Americans endorse, given the unpalatable menu of choices.

Polls suggest that the public overwhelmingly backs the course Obama has chosen. Asked in a Washington Post-ABC News survey if they endorsed the U.S.-Russian plan to dis-mantle Syrian chemical weapons as an alternative to missile strikes, 79 percent were sup-portive. Yet elite opinion is sharply negative.

Here's what I see when I deconstruct the Syria story:...

...The mystery is why this outcome in Syria is derided by so many analysts in Washington. Partly, it must be the John McCain factor. The Arizona senator is in danger of becoming a kind of Republican version of Jesse Jackson, who shows up at every international crisis with his own plan for a solution, sometimes through personal mediation (as with the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt), other times demanding military intervention (as in Syria). Because McCain is a distinguished figure, he commands respect, even when his proposals have no political support at home.

Not so Obama. He can propose what the country wants, and succeed at it, and still get hammered as a failure.
----------

Josh Landis was an adjunct professor of history at Wake in the mid-90s. Really smart dude, grew up in Lebanon and really had a feel for the area. I had him for a superb class on middle east history. He gets interviewed in national media fairly often and is one of the top experts on the Middle East in the country. He's at Oklahoma now, heads up their "Center for Middle East Studies". Wake screwed up big time letting him get away.

Josh Landis was an adjunct professor of history at Wake in the mid-90s. Really smart dude, grew up in Lebanon and really had a feel for the area. I had him for a superb class on middle east history. He gets interviewed in national media fairly often and is one of the top experts on the Middle East in the country. He's at Oklahoma now, heads up their "Center for Middle East Studies". Wake screwed up big time letting him get away.

Cool. Didn't know that when I posted. I just saw a RT from another journalist I follow on Twitter.

I can't remember my professor, but my freshman seminar was the Middle East Conflict. Brilliant professor who very much sided with the Arabs plight. Very intriguing class. Looking back I can't believe I didn't take more history classes. I loved all two of the ones I took. Definite regret of mine.

I can't remember my professor, but my freshman seminar was the Middle East Conflict. Brilliant professor who very much sided with the Arabs plight. Very intriguing class. Looking back I can't believe I didn't take more history classes. I loved all two of the ones I took. Definite regret of mine.

if he was a skinny dude with buck teeth and bright red hair, it was Landis. He kind of stands out in a crowd.

Freshman year is a bit of a blur. Can't remember what the guy looked like at all.

Back